Hello Everyone.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Velcome to the forum John...just had vindoloo curry and the accent and head shaking kicked in. :tears-of-joy: I look Chinese but swear to have Indian blood...Eurasian ancestors were a busy lot.
With the current situation let's not waste any time so get stuck in and post your build progress. Best way for us to guide you along with positive constructive criticism and pointers. We've all been through first builds proud as hell just like a new born baby all wrinkly that only a mother can love at first sight so we don't scare easily.:smiling2: Give us your best shot.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

Jad

First Name
John
Velcome to the forum John...just had vindoloo curry and the accent and head shaking kicked in. :tears-of-joy: I look Chinese but swear to have Indian blood...Eurasian ancestors were a busy lot.
With the current situation let's not waste any time so get stuck in and post your build progress. Best way for us to guide you along with positive constructive criticism and pointers. We've all been through first builds proud as hell just like a new born baby all wrinkly that only a mother can love at first sight so we don't scare easily.:smiling2: Give us your best shot.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble
Cheers. I love ruby!!
And will do as soon as I get going.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
welcome to the forum - I too have mobility problems, and the hobby is something you can carry on without too much difficulty, unless you go for large scale models! Questions? Just ask away, queries on any subject, and someone will give you an answer! Above all enjoy yourself
Dave

Jad

First Name
John
John,
welcome to the forum - I too have mobility problems, and the hobby is something you can carry on without too much difficulty, unless you go for large scale models! Questions? Just ask away, queries on any subject, and someone will give you an answer! Above all enjoy yourself
Dave
Ty Dave

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Greetings and Welcome John! Don't worry about brush painting, there are still some of us who stay true to tradition - just take your time, don't be afraid to wait and move on to another part of the kit (within reason of course!) if you hit a mojo block! Airbrush work is often superb but the hairy stick (buy some reasonable ones to start with) can produce excellent results - just clean 'em properly!
Steve

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Hi John and welcome, make the most of the time you have and enjoy it.
We are a friendly bunch here, and I look forward to your adventures in modelling.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi john welcome to the forum , sorry to hear about the health issues . As mentioned earlier dont worry about posting anything or asking questions , its not one of those judgemental forums ( and there are plenty of those so I’m told ) above all enjoy it , cheers tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome John, sorry to read of your health problems.
Enjoy your self here , plenty of friendly banter and advice, no question is considered silly , I've asked them all !!

Jad

First Name
John
Hi john welcome to the forum , sorry to hear about the health issues . As mentioned earlier dont worry about posting anything or asking questions , its not one of those judgemental forums ( and there are plenty of those so I’m told ) above all enjoy it , cheers tony
Ty

Jad

First Name
John
Greetings and Welcome John! Don't worry about brush painting, there are still some of us who stay true to tradition - just take your time, don't be afraid to wait and move on to another part of the kit (within reason of course!) if you hit a mojo block! Airbrush work is often superb but the hairy stick (buy some reasonable ones to start with) can produce excellent results - just clean 'em properly!
Steve
I’m very old school lol. And thanks

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
You'll learn an awful lot here, there are countless hints and tips to be found.

When I first joined I introduced myself then I simply navigated my way around the site to get an understanding of where everything is.

There's pretty much an answer to any modelling query you have once you know where to look.

Del