Hello from Warrington

Crispier

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hi all

I'm Chris from Warrington, just recently started scale modeling focusing on ships. Being ex royal navy it made sense to me!

I have an addictive personality and up until earlier this year I was woodworking for about 15 years, I had all the kit and was making furniture items mainly. It ran it's course and I'm selling all my machines, prior to that I bred koi carp for a few years and initially played a good standard of golf.

Now I have decided to start a new hobby to keep me occupied. I've posted my first question without introducing myself first so I've broken the first rule.

Sorry about that

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HI Chris from this chrisb an im into navy warships big ones builds on here in ships under construction so dive in the waters warm an dont be a landlubber lol
chrisb

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Welcome - welcome. Tis good on here, so pull up a bollard and get stuck right in. (FAA myself or Wafu if that way inclined!!!)
Don't think I'll be dipping my feet in the water - had enough grey paint thank you!!! :smiling4: :rolling:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Welcome Chris, we seem to recently hade an influx of ship modellers - what scale are you working in? & have you anything on the bench yet. Either way, you'll find a lot of like--minded, friendly & helpful modellers here!
Dave

Crispier

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
AN HI Chris from this chrisb an im into navy warships big ones builds on here in ships under construction so dive in the waters warm an dont be a landlubber lol
chrisb
I've just bought the 1/350 HMS Illustrious by Airfix, I did want the last Ark Royal, I was on the commsioning ships company and saw her on her fair well tour of the UK when she berthed in Liverpool. That made me feel old.

Crispier

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Welcome - welcome. Tis good on here, so pull up a bollard and get stuck right in. (FAA myself or Wafu if that way inclined!!!)
Don't think I'll be dipping my feet in the water - had enough grey paint thank you!!! :smiling4: :rolling:
WAFU, never mind, :smiling: Thanks for the welcome

Crispier

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Greetings mate, welcome to the forum - is the reason you make floaty things nostalgia - we don't have many real ones anymore do we!?
Steve
Nostalgia on two fronts, one being I was in the proper Navy (not a WAFU :smiling2:) and the first model I built back in the 70's was HMS Hood.