Hello from Warrington

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome Chris, and do not worry about decorum or manners, they went out the window a long time ago. Good to see you have been cured of the 'knocky ball with stick' illness and can now concentrate on the real stuff 'plasticusbuildusuppus'. Not a shipbuilder myself but I think we all drop in to take a look now and again to see what you are all up to. Questions - not a problem just ask away and you will get ten answers back and all will be helpfull. Had to bring some new parts and a donkey engine down to Athens once, started drinking on Friday night and sobered up by the following Tuesday, and the McDonalds did not know what hit them....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well that was a welcome alright , and another from me Chris .
Do you ever fancy building a tank ;):nerd:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Welcome Chris, they've started haven't they, the rabble bunch. :smiling6: I do boats too, the tiny flatbottom ones...I like flatbottom girls.
Look forward to seeing the Illustrious built.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well that was a welcome alright , and another from me Chris .
Do you ever fancy building a tank ;):nerd:
HI Chris dont let J/R conn you into all them muddy things you will only get dirty an get tracks accross your brain an then he'll want you too set fire to it to make it look battle damaged oh he's a rearin all right a

Rabble and Pyromania Consultant lol :tongue-out3: ;):rolling: an soon you will be in a straight jacket as thats his bed no' is 453 in the l-bin just you listen to wabble an me an keep on with them floaty things lol​

chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It was 67 for me. School friend was on Dundas when it was Portland Training Squadron in the early 70's.
The Aussie carrier must have been HMAS Melbourne. She had a habit of hitting ships or ships hitting them. She also hit a soviet vessel but it was the rooskies fault as it cut under the Melbournes bows!!!! (Opened a can of worms for the Soviets. We discovered she had dummy weapon systems, When one splintered!!!
Melbourne it was mate! Great recall!
Steve

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome Chris, they've started haven't they, the rabble bunch. :smiling6: I do boats too, the tiny flatbottom ones...I like flatbottom girls.
Look forward to seeing the Illustrious built.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble
Disgraceful! What's wrong with 'ladies' of more curvaceous builds - 'Lusty' is brilliant!
Steve

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
.... Ha!! So am I !! ......
... (Not your next door neighbour that is!!)
You lot are everywhere. At Prestwick one of my pals was a Chief Radar Tech, Paul. He worked on Western Radar.! (The radar that covers West Jockland anyway!!) He ended up at Weston Super Mare, forgot the name of the place now. Still do the Xmas card thing!!! Don't know what my next door neighbour was, scared to ask in case he says Reg't!!! :smiling5: :rolling:

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... Don't know what my next door neighbour was, scared to ask in case he says Reg't!!! :smiling5: :rolling:
.... He won't. :smiling3: .....
"L Tech AR" was a trade all of it's own,could be seconded to RAF Reg, but only if you were REALLY unlucky ( ;) ) .... and,if that was the case,you still would NEVER affiliate yourself to said Rock Apes. ;)

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
.... He won't. :smiling3: .....
"L Tech AR" was a trade all of it's own,could be seconded to RAF Reg, but only if you were REALLY unlucky ( ;) ) .... and,if that was the case,you still would NEVER affiliate yourself to said Rock Apes. ;)
Had enough of them at North Front, (Gib). The less hairy rock apes I mean!!!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris,
It is a warm welcome from me as well, it is a great forum with some genuinely nice people.