"Horror Of Falaise"

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just a thought to bandy about for my next big dio project. I believe the name says it all, it will be my winter project, already have the base, it will be my "Drive In The Country" display board suitably grunged up of course. Will need to collect certain specific stuff and have plenty of figures it the junk boxes to make a lot of poor unfortunates out of also am going to be bidding on some dead horses and wagons and such.....OMG! it's going to be nightmarish:eek: whattiya thinko_O View attachment 117950

full-670-17328-falaise_road.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Looks a lot like the inside of my garage Jim:D

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Looks horrific!:eek:

But, that is war...o_O

I'm interested to see you take, I'll be watching.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you can copy that photo it will be totally wicked. Go for it dude.

Ian M

PS @peter. There must be an awful pong coming from your garage mate.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
If you can copy that photo it will be totally wicked. Go for it dude.
Ian M

PS @peter. There must be an awful pong coming from your garage mate.
Wasn't going for exact copy but something very similar, but now you've planted the seed of challenge, don't have a Panther tank but do have a Jagdepanther and an Opal Maultier I was thinking of using as the main attraction plus some sorts of busted up wagons and horses and alas German soldiers. All very preliminary just some thing to focus on. The Missus says "Good Lord not another big dio" but I say the museum must expand at all costs!!:rolleyes:.................Jim;)

S

scorched_earth_policy

\ said:
Just a thought to bandy about for my next big dio project. I believe the name says it all, it will be my winter project, already have the base, it will be my "Drive In The Country" display board suitably grunged up of course. Will need to collect certain specific stuff and have plenty of figures it the junk boxes to make a lot of poor unfortunates out of also am going to be bidding on some dead horses and wagons and such.....OMG! it's going to be nightmarish:eek: whattiya thinko_O View attachment 129513
Grim, but one hell of a challenge!...

D

demon

I like the idea of a copy the photo always fancied a go myself but I can't do figures for the life of me

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh the horror ,the horror,...........................

I real like the idea of it all, ;)

what a challenge,you have given yourself Jim,I will be watching this one, :D

shows to worse of war but its just a fact of it,:confused:

I could bring up a point or two ,but shell leave them lay,as I just don't wont a big over heated debate about it all,

cannot wait for a start on it,as its just about spring hear as the first blooms are showing, :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I like the idea of a copy the photo always fancied a go myself but I can't do figures for the life of me
I know how you feel since I'm not too fond of doing them myself but am starting to enjoy it. They breath life into a project but I find my perfectionist side coming out with them so I have to learn when to stop. It's doing the poor victims of wars violence convincingly that's the real challenge but I'll get a bit of practice with current project, but it will pale in comparison too the carnage I will unleash in "Horror":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:..................................Jim. :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
oh the horror ,the horror,...........................
I real like the idea of it all, ;)

what a challenge,you have given yourself Jim,I will be watching this one, :D

shows to worse of war but its just a fact of it,:confused:

I could bring up a point or two ,but shell leave them lay,as I just don't wont a big over heated debate about it all,

cannot wait for a start on it,as its just about spring hear as the first blooms are showing, :D
Yeah , it is a bit of a challenge but why not, I know I still have a long way to go with current project but it won't be long. As far as the actual event, you reap what you sew and when you sew the wind you can be sure to reap the whirl-wind. Some one famous once said something quite similar View attachment 117967

GElQhXGLw9AA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
What a mess!...how did you get that image of the inside of my head???

Seriously...

The sacrifice of war

Lee :smiling3:

D

dougie

Sounds like a heck of a challenge. Should be a good watch

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Yeah , it is a bit of a challenge but why not, I know I still have a long way to go with current project but it won't be long. As far as the actual event, you reap what you sew and when you sew the wind you can be sure to reap the whirl-wind. Some one famous once said something quite similar View attachment 129531
yes yes,so ture,I do like it and will look forward to seeing this one, ;)

P

Polux

A real challenge!!

You will add the Panther and the Sherman on the dio?

D

demon

\ said:
Yeah , it is a bit of a challenge but why not, I know I still have a long way to go with current project but it won't be long. As far as the actual event, you reap what you sew and when you sew the wind you can be sure to reap the whirl-wind. Some one famous once said something quite similar View attachment 129531
Bomber Harris if I'm not mistaken

L

Laurie

\ said:
Bomber Harris if I'm not mistaken
Actually tactical allied aircraft Roger. Typhoons not sure about American types. Hariss's and the American strategic airforce were away back to bombing Germany.

Laurie

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
\ said:
not sure about American types
Probably P47 Thunderbolt's....o_O

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Just a thought to bandy about for my next big dio project. I believe Iname says it all, it will be my winter project, already have the base, it will be my "Drive In The Country" display board suitably grunged up of course. Will need to collect certain specific stuff and have plenty of figures it the junk boxes to make a lot of poor unfortunates out of also am going to be bidding on some dead horses and wagons and such.....OMG! it's going to be nightmarish:eek: whattiya thinko_O View attachment 129513
I'm sure you'll make a cracking job of it Jim. :D Go for it mate

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Should be good Jim. Bit too brutal for my tastes, but it was a terrible few weeks during the German Army retreat from Normandy.

Roger is correct. The words were quoted by 'Bomber' Harris in response to the London Blitz of 1940....Way before Operation Overlord or it's aftermath.