Intro.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome Martin,
There are the older more mature modellers on here.
And then there are the older not so mature modellers on here.
And the we have the not so mature modellers on here.
BUT! If there is a question that needs to be asked, then ask it, and you will get twenty answers back and all will be advisory and helpfull.
So pull up a chair, have a wander around the different subjects and even there you will start to pick up little snippets of advice.
The question I always ask is who was it put me to bed last night...
Mike aka Wibble.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Welcome Martin from another novice. I've just finished, (98%), my first attempt after a 45 year break!! Loads of really good folk on here and always willing to help. Dive in and enjoy. :thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Martin, a warm welcome to you, sir!
Muck in and have fun.
We try and get a balance between fun and serious intent once the kit box is opened and we start to concentrate on our projects. A recipe for success for sure. :thumb2:

Cheers.
Ron

OldMart

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
Martin, a warm welcome to you, sir!
Muck in and have fun.
We try and get a balance between fun and serious intent once the kit box is opened and we start to concentrate on our projects. A recipe for success for sure. :thumb2:

Cheers.
Ron
Cheers Ron

OldMart

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
Welcome Martin,
There are the older more mature modellers on here.
And then there are the older not so mature modellers on here.
And the we have the not so mature modellers on here.
BUT! If there is a question that needs to be asked, then ask it, and you will get twenty answers back and all will be advisory and helpfull.
So pull up a chair, have a wander around the different subjects and even there you will start to pick up little snippets of advice.
The question I always ask is who was it put me to bed last night...
Mike aka Wibble.
Thanks Mike. Good to know

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
A warm welcome from me too Martin! Check out the 'Anatomy of the Ship' series by Conway Maritime Press - the HMS Victory subject will tell you all you need to know - and much, much more besides! It's a few years old but I'm sure you'll find a copy online at a reasonable price!
Steve

OldMart

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin

A warm welcome from me too Martin! Check out the 'Anatomy of the Ship' series by Conway Maritime Press - the HMS Victory subject will tell you all you need to know - and much, much more besides! It's a few years old but I'm sure you'll find a copy online at a reasonable price!
Steve
Thanks Steve. I've got one. A very good book, only cost me £6 can't seem argue about that.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN A HI Marty from me an welcome an im also a floaty guy as i build r/c warships in 1/72 scale so we got something in common hope you enjoy this forum as the best on the web an yes your model will be huge like my tiger ive just fininshed after a 4 yrs build all scratch build
chrisb

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A warm welcome Martin, as you can tell a great forum. No questions is silly as we all started once.
John aka Wobble

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the party. A 1/72th Victory nice. Plank on rib?
Look forward to seeing that.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi Martin and welcome to the best modelling forum around, look forward to seeing what you’re working on

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Wibbles wobble but they won't fall down!! and behave!.....nobody likes a Wabble Wouser!! :tongue-out3: :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:;);)
Welease Weeble - he's innocent of any attempt to wock the boat, he's no Wabble Wouser and weally only wants to live a welaxed lifestyle - and he's been on a diet!
Steve

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Welcome to the forum Martin...bejeezers woody floaty stuff in 1/72. My hat off to you, I only dabble in plastic and so far the only sailing ship for me is the USS Constipation(Contitution). Great guys here to ask anything.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

OldMart

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
Hello everyone. Hope everything is going well for you all. When I get organised and take some pictures of my attempt to put a kit together, where do I post it and do I follow it up with my progress? I had to undo quite a bit today, never mind it's another mistake I won't make again. Martin

OldMart

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
Welcome to the forum Martin...bejeezers woody floaty stuff in 1/72. My hat off to you, I only dabble in plastic and so far the only sailing ship for me is the USS Constipation(Contitution). Great guys here to ask anything.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble
Hi Richard, it's hard work, but fun and keeps me out of trouble. Martin