Italeri A-10A Warthog 1/48

P

phikoleoputra

Hi great folks,

Just finished this kit, an enjoyable built and I added the Italeri A-10 detail set which include PE sets + resin engine + resin GAU Avenger machine gun. I added 1/48 Tamiya humvee for comparation on how BIG those gun for the A-10. The decal also aftermarket and I chose the 355th TFS/354th TFW "Falcons" based in King Fahd Airport Saudi Arabia.

I spent more time filling and sanding seams and try to be as careful as possible and took me almost 3 months to complete. First time doing the multicolour camo and quite a challenge and I think the result is quite OK. I really need an honest feedback from you regarding the result and what I could improve for the next build... :smiling3: Thanks for looking!!

View attachment 105437

View attachment 105438

View attachment 105439

View attachment 105440

View attachment 105441

View attachment 105442

View attachment 105443

View attachment 105444

View attachment 105445

View attachment 105446

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

First Name
Aaron
Beautiful, I don't build aircraft really so no cc from me mate. Lovely build.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great the whole thing very well done do like it. :smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looks pretty good to me Leo. The A10 is one ugly bird...but at the same time I love it, thumbs up from me mate.

Lee :smiling3:

O

omi1966

Some great skills sir, love the detail in the engine, one thing I would say is to try a flat or satin final coat it looks a bit shiney, a flat coat will bring out the depth and contrast in your paint work and also make it easier to photograph.

Great model you should be well chuffed.

Martin.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like that very nice the A10 is one of the few american military vehicles I do like and that's very well done :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I think it's great Leo! I don't know much about aircraft, so I can't comment on the look except that it is a tad too shiny for me & if it's based in Saudi I'd expect to see more dust.

Still a mean looking beast!

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I like it very much ,but as Patrick states it may need a bit of weathering , so well done I like the a10 it is a beast .

P

phikoleoputra

Thanks for the advice and comments boys, I certainly will try to flatten it out next time. :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Leo.

That is one big machine cannon. lol

As others have said a bit shiny, and very clean. Nowt wrong with a clean build but if you are putting it in a dio. it will need a bit of dirt and ware.

Ian M

First Name
Neil
Ok now I have to cry. This is what I just started (Tamiya version) with some Eduard PE and now you go and set a standard to aim for. Sigh.

Just out of interest did you use all the PE you had or did you leave some off. I was tempted with the very tiny bits for the seat but I can see that it absolutely shows through when used.

One minor point, the chap in front is directing isn't he? Seems a little superfluous as that plane ain't going nowhere right now!

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
Ok now I have to cry. This is what I just started (Tamiya version) with some Eduard PE and now you go and set a standard to aim for. Sigh.
Just out of interest did you use all the PE you had or did you leave some off. I was tempted with the very tiny bits for the seat but I can see that it absolutely shows through when used.

One minor point, the chap in front is directing isn't he? Seems a little superfluous as that plane ain't going nowhere right now!
Hi Neil, thanks for the kind words, I didn't use all the PE, only the cockpit. The exterior I left it out, because the decal covers it nicely. But it is also nice if you use all the PE Neil. I might take off the chap later :P .

D

Doug Hughes

Well, since you ask for honest feedback, I'm going to be brutal... This is fantastic, Leo. I couldn't get a result anywhere near as good, and the base and 'outside' detail really set it off nicely.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome job Leo, just a flatter finish would have suited the A-10 but otherwise very nicely done.

L

Laurie

Actually I quite like the shine but it is a personal thing. Very nice model Leo and very nicely detailed paintwork.

Like the little scene as well gives scale and a sense of things happening.

Think the only improvement I would say is the photographic side. Realise it is for effect the subdued light but perhaps a couple or so of the photos lightened a lot to show the detail work you have achieved Leo. Seems a shame not to show your craftsmanship and creativity.

Laurie