Italeri A-10A Warthog 1/48

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Good job Leo. Always liked the looks of the A-10a. It looks quite chunky, but lethal. Nice job.

John

P

phikoleoputra

Thanks for the advice and suggestions lads. Greatly appreciated

Z

Ziper_it

Hello Leo,

Very clean build, painting and weathering.

My personal though, may not apply to others:

- too clean for a dio, especially the ladder to the cockpit

- too shiny, especially for a warthog

Great job!

Francesco

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Leo ,I love the A10 and especially in the Euro 1 'Lizard' scheme. The only thing I can see is the glossiness of the finish . As others have said its quite shiny , and this particular camo was very matt, doesnt detract from a great build though , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Really great result. As others have said, I would consider a Matt coat of varnish, just to finish off an already great build.

First Name
Robert
That is a cracking build and I love the Gau 8 avenger (,almost half the length of the A10. I remember a documentary on the warthog and they said to build the aircraft they started with the gun and built the plane around it!!

I like your shading and choice of camo as most Thunferbolts you see are shades of greys and blues

Never built is kit but looks a fun build

Well done

Robert

P

phikoleoputra

\ said:
that's a nice hog, is that the after market engines you have in there.
scott
Thanks Scott, yes that was the resin engine included in the Italeri A-10 detail set.

P

Polux

This is an excellent build!

Maybe as other say, is quite shiny...but not more!!! ;)

You ask for honest comments...I will do mine. But is not a criticism, I think is more a "sensation" that I have looking the photos...maybe there are many paint over the model (coat)? You can try a bit of colour modulation next time (shadows/lights).

Anyway, I love your bases, they look magnificent :smiling3:

Great build!! I'm waiting for your next one ;)

Polux

Last edited:
P

phikoleoputra

Thanks for the constructive comment Polux, I'll definitely will try to make a better build next time around. ;)