Italieri 1/48 hawker hurricane

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is the sea hurricane kit but I have a 1/48 hurricane MK IIC so I'm going to swap the bits out and turn it into a MK I so I can finally build Bader's hurricane :smiling3:

I've solved my problem with shallow panel lines after the excellent advice from you guys and talking to people at the show yesterdayView attachment 82821

Now what I have done is pre-shade it with a thin brush to limit the over spill and leave to dry , then I have dry brushed the panel lines and then brushed the rest with a little bit more paint on the brush but not as dry as with DB , you must DB the line once do not go back over the same area as this will cause the paint to pull leaving a mottled effect , after each coat you must leave it to dry completely and this won't take long as it's only thin layers going on
I was going to do more coats but I thing leaving it as in the pic it has left a rather good weathered look

This piece has had four coats :smiling3:

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Alan, i think i would leave it as well looks great,show so much detail, :rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Moni I appreciate that :smiling3: it's not working so well on the top the panel lines must be very shallow but I'm getting cleaner lines so I'm going to carry on but give it similar weathering to my last attempt to cover the lines that you can't see :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Looks like a winner to me Alan! Of course, you could just get an airbrush & save yourself all the trouble ..... ;)
Never happen Patrick, Olé Al he liketh his hairy-brusheth.

Looking good Alan, hopefully this will get a better result regarding the panel lines.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys :smiling3:

I've been thinking of getting one of the airosole AB for builds like this as it is taking to long with a brush :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers guys :smiling3: I've been thinking of getting one of the airosole AB for builds like this as it is taking to long with a brush :smiling3:
Don't bother mate, honestly mate, you would be better off with one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Dual-Action-Airbrush-Mini-Compressor-Air-Brush-Spray-Paint-Gun-Hose-Art-Kit-/201059868472?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&var=&hash=item2ed01a1f38 I have one and I sprayed that German dio with the tree and other stuff. Not perfect you really need one with a tank and a gauge but for just using now and again it isn't a bad little thing and doesn't take up loads of space.

Si:smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Alan, another Hurricane to the stable coming right up :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well Alan found this one is a treat at the cost

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261001026297?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648\

thats what i got , and like mw maybe start off over all coats and under coats then move on :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I don't want to go down the root of spending loads because I'll hardly ever use it

Thanks to you both for looking for better options for me if I like AB I'll upgrade but I'm happy with my hairy stick

Thanks again folks :smiling3:

L

Laurie

Remarkable Alan not to date ever painted pieces on the sprue.

Must think about this especially with the smaller pieces.

Laurie

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real nice Alan,:rolleyes: do like the camo patten,

oh nice it dose have an engine as well, ;) you having that showing ?

i do much the same Alan, but firstly undercoat the whole lot, then paint bits hear and there as well, o_O

much easy to do the cockpit that way i find,

that under wing is great work with a hairy stick, lov that word always makes me lol, or is it just my bad mind :confused:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
looking real nice Alan,:rolleyes: do like the camo patten,oh nice it dose have an engine as well, ;) you having that showing ?

i do much the same Alan, but firstly undercoat the whole lot, then paint bits hear and there as well, o_O

much easy to do the cockpit that way i find,

that under wing is great work with a hairy stick, lov that word always makes me lol, or is it just my bad mind :confused:
Thanks Moni I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

Well I must have a bad mind as well as I know what you mean lol

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol :P :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Even though I spent most of yesterday faffing around with an AB I did manage to do something on this , it's a quite detailed cockpit and you get the pe for the instrument panel and the seat harness both are detailed although you have to manipulate the harness to get it in the seat and the instrument decal goes under the pe for the panel and it doesn't match properly but is hardly noticeable View attachment 82997

View attachment 82998

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dubster72

That looks really nice Alan. I've always steered clear of Italeri kits in the past, so this will be illuminating!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers mate glad you like

It's not a bad kit Patrick , it fits together quite well but it does have some areas where it's a little over sized or leaves a gap but thankfully most are inside parts so you can hide them :smiling3: