It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good Al, some nice details.

Si:smiling3:

D

dubster72

Nice engine Alan, surprisingly detailed! Maybe I'll take back some of my negative views about Italeri ;)

Hmm I did wonder what the perceived advantage was of painting on the sprue!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Patrick , I won't do it again I can tell you :smiling3:

D

dubster72

The more I look at it, the more impressed I am that you've brush painted it Alan!

It's coming together very well.

D

dubster72

Speedy Gonzalez! I'm still thinking about doing something & you're nearly finished!

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
Even though I spent most of yesterday faffing around with an AB I did manage to do something on this , it's a quite detailed cockpit and you get the pe for the instrument panel and the seat harness both are detailed although you have to manipulate the harness to get it in the seat and the instrument decal goes under the pe for the panel and it doesn't match properly but is hardly noticeable View attachment 83185View attachment 83186
Yep, I have done that before when I first started using my AB lol fascinating things they are....

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Great build mate! As others have said, they have steered clear of Italeri. Funny because I also have not built an Italeri kit since I built their P-51F mustang. Found it was a terrible tooling with sparse cockpit detail, raised panel lines...... But your build has really made me rethink my opinion about it. Never knew they had multi media kits for aircraft.

John

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Really good work Alan, this is looking the bees knees mate. As for Italeri, I have built a few of their aircraft and helicopters now and am generally impressed. Yes they have a few bad ones (which model company doesn't) but a quick online read of some honest reviews can help you to avoid the bad ones. Their decals are top quality too. Some weird little errors on some of their aircraft, but nothing that can't be fixed.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers lads I'm glad you like it

This kit is not without it's problems , the first one I made wasn't a bad kit to build but it said it was new moulds and was ok this one although looks the same isn't , I've had a few problems with the fit of parts and had to fill some areas but on the whole it's not the worst kit I've made :smiling3:

Next up will be the hurricane IIC which will be the sea version as I've nicked the parts from it to make this one a MK I :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very, very nice Alan, looks superb mate. Great detailing and workmanship.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Very, very nice Alan, looks superb mate. Great detailing and workmanship.Si:smiling3:
Cheers mate but just one question

Are you referring to the model or the box art :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers mate but just one questionAre you referring to the model or the box art :D
I have the right to remain silent...anything I do say may be used to show what a plonker I am. :D

Oh, okay, the box art...:rolleyes:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
\ said:
Even though I spent most of yesterday faffing around with an AB I did manage to do something on this , it's a quite detailed cockpit and you get the pe for the instrument panel and the seat harness both are detailed although you have to manipulate the harness to get it in the seat and the instrument decal goes under the pe for the panel and it doesn't match properly but is hardly noticeable View attachment 83185View attachment 83186
I had that with mine. Too late now, but the answer was just cut the decal up into a couple of pieces.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Alan. Your decals would adhere better on a gloss coat which you can then cover later with a flat/matt varnish to seal it all in.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers joe I did coat it with a matt clear so that could be the problem thanks for the input :smiling3: