JU-88 1/48 Dragon x2

D

dubster72

I could never manage all that surgery Trey! But the new engines look just like they've come from the kit! Very clever stuff :smiling3:

83°?? It's cold here in London!

T

treyzx10r

Thank you kindly Patrick appreciate the compliment! 2 hours on each nacelle so it was'nt too hateful as far as surgery like this goes. Yea its warming up here in the Sunshine State we have been lucky with a very mild winter this year.

Joe thanks to you as well Sir much appreciated!

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Derek ,its a mixed bag on the PE the radios actually look better without imho,however levers and guage faces really do look more scale with the PE.

C

Caledonia

Yes it's a mixed bag. When I did Jets I liked the Eduard 'Zoom Sets' for the cockpits, and depending on the model maybe an exhaust. Problem is I don't have a local model shop, so when you are buying a kit online you try to cut down on postage and get everything together, and with PE you very often are buying blind, and get disappointed.

When I did my EE Lightning, I bought a resin cockpit etc. etc. which wasn't cheap, and when you fitted the very small canopy everything in the cockpit was hidden - a big waste of money. Moral of the story - do your research first. Cheers Derek

T

treyzx10r

Derek thanks for the great input,agreed research is key! I have spent more on PE & resin upgrades than the kit itself only to have it entombed outa site! I think resin and pe are awesome for some things like a uncowled engine for example when the kit has none or adding details to wheel bays. Prime example of a waste would be the Trumpeter SM-79 Sparviero that I put a full interior in , you ca'nt see a bit of it !

D5 + AH Now has some color!

View attachment 101626

View attachment 101627

tail shot with the Pilot Herbert Koch

View attachment 101628

ju88cammo%20006_zpshxoahxuh.jpg

ju88cammo%20004_zpsysp6scs3.jpg

BW-photo-Junkers-Ju-88G6-1_NJG3-D5AH-Herbert-Koch-WNr-621796-Grove-1945-01_zps9rqotmrz.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow that great mottling Trey,do real like it very well done, ;)

T

treyzx10r

Terry , Joe , Derek , Monica , Mike , David thank you all for taking the time to respond with positive support its much appreciated and motivating!

Decal session complete, resin props and hubs sorted. The Owl decals layed down very nicely but are very delicate,they do'nt like to be moved around a lot after they set down,

View attachment 101791

View attachment 101792

View attachment 101793

The A-6 has been sanded and I scratched the aerials on the bottom of the fuse with some copper wire and card stock. Also found some thin chord props in my spares bin and fitted them to the spinners

View attachment 101794

View attachment 101795

ju88ant%20005_zpstnoojykl.jpg

ju88ant%20004_zpsryubjdgf.jpg

ju88ant%20003_zpshb8bvzaw.jpg

ju88ant%20002_zpsefp7e9tm.jpg

ju88ant%20001_zpssix5gsfy.jpg