Junkers Ju87B-2 ‘Stuka’ Scale 1/24

P

Polux

Thank you for your comments guys and Moni ;)

I was thinking and have a idea for the paintwork, let's see what happens this afternoon

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Good work Polux :smiling3: Funny really.... I thought Junkers went bust years ago, but I was working on an industrial gas burner fitted with Junkers gas valves this week!
Different Junkers.

The original Junkers didn't go bust but was absorbed by a series of post war mergers in the German aviation industry into different groups, a story familiar in the aviation industry of all European countries. The name finally disappeared in 1969 when the Messerschmitt-Bolkow-Blohm (MBB) group was formed. This in turn was bought by Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG at which point those other famous names, not least Messerschmitt, also disappeared. This group is now part of EADS as the mergers are now international as the rationalisation continues and the European aerospace industry competes with the Americans.

Next time you get on an Airbus there is a little strand of Junkers DNA in that aircraft :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

N

noble

That's nice work Polux nice detailed engine my popcorn is at the ready.

scott

P

Polux

\ said:
Different Junkers.The original Junkers didn't go bust but was absorbed by a series of post war mergers in the German aviation industry into different groups, a story familiar in the aviation industry of all European countries. The name finally disappeared in 1969 when the Messerschmitt-Bolkow-Blohm (MBB) group was formed. This in turn was bought by Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG at which point those other famous names, not least Messerschmitt, also disappeared. This group is now part of EADS as the mergers are now international as the rationalisation continues and the European aerospace industry competes with the Americans.

Next time you get on an Airbus there is a little strand of Junkers DNA in that aircraft :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
That's a very interesting story Steve ;)

The past still alive....

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's looking very nice mate and I won't lie I am a little bit jealous :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thank you for your comments guys and Moni ;) I was thinking and have a idea for the paintwork, let's see what happens this afternoon
Intriguing Polux I will look forward to that

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thank you for your comments guys and Moni ;) I was thinking and have a idea for the paintwork, let's see what happens this afternoon
Just as long as its not tartan.... :tongue-out:

Ian M

First Name
Dave
This is one of many kits I fancy building.So I will be watching to see what you can do with it.

P

Polux

Hi all.

Here is where I am now on the engine.

I primed it with light grey and add a black preshade (primer as well)

View attachment 84867

I do a mix of alumminium and dark grey/blue.

View attachment 84868

The last step today is a grey/green filter and a final matt varnish coat.

View attachment 84869

I have to wait until tomorrow for the paint dries.Then will add a black oil wash, pigments and filters with a light drybrush as a final touch. ahhh....and oil strikes...of course. :P

Maybe I will start on the cabin ;)

Thanks for looking.

Polux

PS: looks much better on real than on the photos.....the next ones will try to shot with a different light O_o

DSC_0467.JPG

DSC_0470.JPG

CSC_0472.JPG

T

treyzx10r

Looking great Polux,really like your paint technique its very effective. Looking forward to the next update!

P

Polux

I don't know if is exactly the correct colour....but I'm not worried....I'm just quite anarchic :D :D :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
It is looking good I'm half glad I didn't get mine now you'd make mine look like it was pained by a blind drunk man just released from the funny farm lol

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work Polux, do real like how you have done the engine,looks great, :rolleyes:

and the use of the diffidence paints,

and remember Alan that not two engine ,will look the same color ,as heat and oil links in a difference,place on each ;)

and im sure it would never look like a drunken man with a hairy stick did it lol, :D

P

Polux

\ said:
It is looking good I'm half glad I didn't get mine now you'd make mine look like it was pained by a blind drunk man just released from the funny farm lol
That's a "bilge" Alan!!! :D

There are plenty of time before you glued the engine on the chassis, so you can add some washes or other things... ;) anyway your engine looks fine to me :P

P

Polux

Good night to all :smiling3:

I’m really enjoying painting this engine, so I just wait an hour and return to the paintwork. The advantage to work with enamels and oils is that the white spirit doesn’t damage the acrylic paint. ;)

On the next photos you can see the final result after a black oil wash.

Then I mix black, grey and oxide burnt (oil) and I do a filter.

And the last step is a dark brown wash (enamels).

Hope you like it :smiling3:

View attachment 84878

View attachment 84879

View attachment 84880

DSC_0473.JPG

DSC_0479.JPG

DSC_0482.JPG