Junkers Ju87B-2 ‘Stuka’ Scale 1/24

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Polux, your engine is looking very smart and worn.

P

Polux

Hi all.

I have started to primer the cockpit pieces. My idea is do a little weathering inside, chipping exactly, my question is..?

Well, I suppose the soil on the cockpit is alumminium, not? O_o or I'm wrong :oops:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
It would be aluminium mate but if you can try to get some photos of the inside as my hurricane gives only two colours but on finding some pics I found there were more :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
It would be aluminium mate but if you can try to get some photos of the inside as my hurricane gives only two colours but on finding some pics I found there were more :smiling3:
I'm with you Alan! there are no colours on the instructions....are so simple ;)

Out of box...this is the secret :P maybe next time :D

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Interior would have been RLM02 Polux, but if you were to chip the paint I guess it was aluminium underneath. Unsure what colour any primer under the RLM02 was. Steve will know.

A

andyrobs

Cracking work Polux, your attention to detail is second to none. Your engine is a fanastic build on its own, can't wait to see more progress!!!

I salute you and your skills sir!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Cheers, Andrew

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice detail work so far on the cockpit ,Polux real like it,cannot wait to see how it turns out, :D

i think if there pushing them out in big numbers maybe they did not use a primer on them just gave them a lick of paint right over the top ? :confused:

oh wow Alan, you do have one sweet wife, you lucky man you, :rolleyes:

can I trade you my grumpy other half, lol, :confused: :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
very nice detail work so far on the cockpit ,Polux real like it,cannot wait to see how it turns out, :D i think if there pushing them out in big numbers maybe they did not use a primer on them just gave them a lick of paint right over the top ? :confused:

oh wow Alan, you do have one sweet wife, you lucky man you, :rolleyes:

can I trade you my grumpy other half, lol, :confused: :D
Sorry Monica I like my bread butter side up :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh not fair :sad:

well can only try,lol, :P :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol no truer words, ;)

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Interior would have been RLM02 Polux, but if you were to chip the paint I guess it was aluminium underneath. Unsure what colour any primer under the RLM02 was. Steve will know.
Aluminium under the 02, there wasn't a separate primer. Not sure whether the alloy in that area had any other treatment, I doubt that it was anodised for example. I always just chip to bare metal.

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

Soon I will need to choice the camouflage. After a fast look on Google images I discover a nice picture.

Was a Stuka with a winter one..:rolleyes:

I love the winter schemes, so it's possible do paint this model with those colours?

Ouch!! A Stuka 1/24 on winter camo is a really interesting option O_o

The model was a later version than mine... Can do? Or the plane community of this forum will kick me :smiling3:

Accept the comment: "Mate....you always do what you want...so, don't ask!!" :D :D

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Polux

The 1/24 Airfix Stuka was always on my Xmas wish list as a kid. It's possible I may yet still build one! Till then I'm going to sit back and enjoy your build.

I have seen B2 Stukas in winter camo so you're ok to look at this option if you like.

Looking forward to the finished model.

Cheers

Paul

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Polux, as Paul says you can certainly do a B-2 on the Eastern Front in winter camouflage.

The Luftwaffe launched 'Barbarossa' not expecting to have to fight over the winter of 1941, it was all supposed to be over by then. As a result there was no permanent white lacquer available to re-camouflage aircraft in theatre. The result was a temporary white distemper type of paint applied OVER the standard 70/71 splinter scheme. This temporary white was not very durable and very quickly weathered in high traffic or high wear areas. These are probably the type of photographs you have seen.

If you are worried about which units/markings were in the East during this first winter I can certainly look them up for you :smiling3:

I think you'd make a great job of a winter camouflage job, I'll be interested to see what you decide to do.

Cheers

Steve

P

Polux

Thank you very much for your nice comments and reply Paul and Steve! ;)

\ said:
If you are worried about which units/markings were in the East during this first winter I can certainly look them up for you :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
I will be more than greateful if you can help me Steve. I have decided, I will go for the winter scheme :smiling3:

You know somewhere I can find good photos as a reference,please?

Thank you very much for your help guys, as always :smiling3: