Kitty Hawk 1/48 Jaguar GR.1/ GR.3

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ian im a bit confused by what you have said an this is not critisuim but just an observation

:thinking: lot more detail would not go amiss either. There is more plumbing on the legs of this bird than there is in a small home. Not One wire, tube or hose was even attempted! Poor show
(Ian qoute ):sad:
chris b ps an glad you got your self all cleaned up as thats how i was a couple of days ago fingers all gluded togeather as this c/a use to burn when goin off but now it seems to me it dont maybe the have weakened it

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ouch! That was a pity - I love the aircraft and was enjoying your build. Points to note ... ? (# 1- CA has good adhesive qualities - I also know this from bitter experience!)
Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm not sure what has confused you Chris.
The real aircraft has tubes, wires, hoses all over the undercarriage for electric, brakes, hydraulic lines and all that. In the kit there is not even the largest of them.
The ones you can see on the nosewheel leg are some that I put on myself as they are very noticeable.
Also in the service bays that they have made to be shown open they are as good as empty in the kit but in real life they are packed full to the point where you can hardly see the walls of the compartment for things. Even the well detailed electronics bay in the nose, although a fair effort is far to shallow, Photos of the real thing you can see that the 'gubbins' go right back, almost all the way to the other side and there are wires everywhere.
My point was that if they are going to detail a kit and brag about it, they could have done a lot better than they have.
It is almost like they have started, had a look at the real thing and thought. "hmmm maybe not".

1- CA has good adhesive qualities - I also know this from bitter experience!
Oh yes, mostly on things that you do not want to stick together! lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm not sure what has confused you Chris.
The real aircraft has tubes, wires, hoses all over the undercarriage for electric, brakes, hydraulic lines and all that. In the kit there is not even the largest of them.
The ones you can see on the nosewheel leg are some that I put on myself as they are very noticeable.
Also in the service bays that they have made to be shown open they are as good as empty in the kit but in real life they are packed full to the point where you can hardly see the walls of the compartment for things. Even the well detailed electronics bay in the nose, although a fair effort is far to shallow, Photos of the real thing you can see that the 'gubbins' go right back, almost all the way to the other side and there are wires everywhere.
My point was that if they are going to detail a kit and brag about it, they could have done a lot better than they have.
It is almost like they have started, had a look at the real thing and thought. "hmmm maybe not".

Oh yes, mostly on things that you do not want to stick together! lol
AH OK Ian yes i now understand what you are saying thanks
chris b

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I must remember to never buy a Kitty Hawk kit. Life's too short to spend time fixing problems with poorly designed kits.
Pete