Kitty Hawk 1/48 Septcat Jaguar GR1/GR3

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
View attachment 76333

View attachment 76334

From what I'm told this is a relatively new company and this is a new realese ,
The kit itself looks quite detailed and you get PE for the cockpit and other pits about the aircraft

Parts look clean and straight with nice detail and priced at under £40 seems like a bargain so here goes :smiling3:

image.jpg

image.jpg

K

Kressy_13

Have seen this around, very interesting subject. Will be watching this with interest.

A

Andy Mac

I quite fancy one of these, it'll be interesting to see how it builds.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Alan

I have one of these kits in the stash. On first inspection it looks very good indeed and reviews seem very positive. I intend mine to be part of a Gulf War bird collection. How are you finishing yours? I'll be watching this with interest.

Cheers

P

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have one of these too. I was told by a member of my local IPMS that the aerials behind the cockpit are incorrect for the Gulf markings and that the ordnance are all french. Some research might be required on that.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I have one of these too. I was told by a member of my local IPMS that the aerials behind the cockpit are incorrect for the Gulf markings and that the ordnance are all french. Some research might be required on that.
If that's all there is wrong then I'm pretty happy as it should be easy enough to solve. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Cheers P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I hate rivet counters ! Why can't they leave us alone with our ignorance lol

I think it's irrelevant about the ordinance for desert storm due to munitions being shared depending on the mission and available aircraft

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I haven't really looked into this and haven't done my research yet as I haven't started the kit.. I know there are 2 Kitty Hawk Jaguar kits, so there may be some differences in ordnance there. I wouldn't worry Alan, just enjoy the build. It looks a cracking kit in the box. The aerials should be easy to fix either shape or position (whatever it is).

I've got 2 1/48 Tornado kits to join my Jaguar as well as a Harrier 7. I hope to build these into a display spanning both Gulf Wars.

Cheers

P

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm not worried about it :smiling3: I like the kit and I'll enjoy it regardless ,

this is one of my Cold War collection I've just started

Thanks for the info folks :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have done a review of this kit some where in here... maybe the review section... ;)

It does look nice in the winter scheme . And you don't have to worry to much about the white, it was pretty much put on with a roller over the green, or so I have heard.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good there Al, the PE really brings the cockpit to life. I think you have done really well so far and should look a cracker when done.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers mate I can't see anymore problems other than filling gaps and the instructions being wrong.

It tells you to look for a part on a sprue and it's clearly not there so you have to look on all the others to find it by site

The parts are there it's just you have to go on a bit of a magical mystery tour to find them lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers mate I can't see anymore problems other than filling gaps and the instructions being wrong.It tells you to look for a part on a sprue and it's clearly not there so you have to look on all the others to find it by site

The parts are there it's just you have to go on a bit of a magical mystery tour to find them lol
Sounds like fun...hunt the part, get the family to join in and make a game of it lol.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I remember getting a kit many years ago and the instructions showed a sprue with part and the parts were missing. I looked high and low and convinced myself that either they had fallen off or I had removed them. Turns out that it was a fault in manufacturing and others had the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Cheers mate I can't see anymore problems other than filling gaps and the instructions being wrong.It tells you to look for a part on a sprue and it's clearly not there so you have to look on all the others to find it by site

I'll try to remember that when I do mine.

Looks great so far.

Ian M