Kitty Hawk 1/48 Septcat Jaguar GR1/GR3

First Name
Dave
Looking good.Another kit that interests me and will probably end up in my stash.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Alan, a different build procedure with the nose section built like that.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys,

I agree Joe I just hope it fits with the rest of the fuselage, it seems like it will but so did the nose at first

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Just thought id give a heads up now so I don't forget when take photos

The instructions for the engines are backwards

Parts G6 goes with G22 and the part numbers for the fans are the other way around

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Update , I've fixed the main body to the nose and it's fitted quite well although there was a slight twist in the fuselage so I heated it with a hair dryer on high heat and twisted back into shape

The engine section is a little big so I had to file it down by quite a bit

The engines were a bit awkward ( see post above ) once problem worked out they were straight forward.

The instructions are the real problem with this kit View attachment 76875

View attachment 76876

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Update: big problem in the instructions ! I'm missing pages 14 and 15 and these show you how to build the dorsal tail fin

Part numbers you need to complete the tail fin are

G17, G29, H7 , I28 and PE 4,5

Missing pages will also have other parts to be added and as soon as I find them I will inform you all :smiling3:

M

MPal

\ said:
Update: big problem in the instructions ! I'm missing pages 14 and 15 and these show you how to build the dorsal tail finPart numbers you need to complete the tail fin are

G17, G29, H7 , I28 and PE 4,5

Missing pages will also have other parts to be added and as soon as I find them I will inform you all :smiling3:
I found this, could it help?

http://galaxykits.com/instructions/?instruction/1028/sepecat_jaguar_a

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I can't seem to get the instructions for it , it just asks me to leave a comment , but I'm thinking this will only give me the instructions I have , it's a printing issue at the manufacturers not missing pages , I have two page 16s and one of those are on the back of page 13

I suppose I should have said that lol

But thanks for your help anyway :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Just noticed I do have page 15 it's only missing page 14 :smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Well, not to be outdone, hope this helps :smiling3:
Thanks for that mate , I've built most of that from memory of building the kit as a kid but there are a few pieces to add now you've kindly added that.

Thank you again it's been a big help :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Think you have done well to get this far Alan. Hopefully the paint will hide the issues and produce a nice build.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Think you have done well to get this far Alan. Hopefully the paint will hide the issues and produce a nice build.Si:smiling3:
It's not looking too bad after a coat of paint but it will still end up on the shelf with the rest of the pigs I've done over the last few years lol

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Alan

The jag looks pretty good to me right way up. I think you're being a bit hard on yourself in calling it a pig! Ok, the build may have been a bit of a struggle but it's all good experience. Doubtless if you were to approach the same kit again you'd know what to expect and any mistakes or build 'bear traps' would be avoided. I think when it's finally complete you'll feel better about it.

All the best

Paul

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Paul I appreciate it , it's a good job the worse parts are hidden away underneath , looking at it now your probably right it's not that it's a really bad kit most parts fit together well it's more all of the work you have to do on the interior to make them fit that's the problem oh and the instructions

Thanks again :smiling3: