Langy's, Academy 1/48 Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Finally cracked on and got the base finished... a couple of small things to deal with and I'm gonna be calling this build done....(thank god I hear you cry..lol).

Ran out of coffee stirrers.. and got sooo close to binning this whole idea, but from knowhere a cunning plan was formed....
IMG_8483.jpg

Created a section of the aircraft lift to fill the gap...
IMG_8484.jpg

Gotta love No More Nails PVA glue...
IMG_8485.jpg

And threw some paint at it.... It'll do for now...(note to self, STOP COMING UP WITH SILLY IDEAS !!!)
IMG_8486.jpg

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thanks guys, I'm not 100% happy with it, but I think that's more down to it being the first time I've tried to create a wooden carrier deck, and I didn't really know what I was doing...It's more luck than judgement, but It'll see my entry in the Pacific Carrier/Aircraft group build actually reach a conclusion. so I guess it's all good in the end..

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking bloody good to me Chris :cool:
.... and a testiment to your perseverance mate:thumb2:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thanks Andy, this should be finished by the end of the week...(been busy playing with the new car to even think about throwing paint and glue around..)

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Just catching up Chris, gotta say some great work going on. It’s all looking rather excellent :thumb2:

Geoff.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
And here it is, My completed Academy Mitsubishi Zero, ..(finally I hear you say..).. many thanks to Karl for arranging this group build,
I'll post a couple of pics here but more will be in the 'completed group build section',......(Link is Below).......Thanks to one and all for tagging along and the advise that was offered..

Completed Pictures

IMG_8530.jpg

IMG_8531.jpg

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent work Chris. Love the wingfold as well. Makes you wonder what they really gained from that ;)

PS, I thought the cobweb was part of the aerial until you point out it was a cobweb….

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Excellent work Chris. Love the wingfold as well. Makes you wonder what they really gained from that ;)

PS, I thought the cobweb was part of the aerial until you point out it was a cobweb….
If memory serves Tim, the space gained by the wingfold on all the carrier's aircraft allowed them to fit an extra three...(I think)..aircraft on to the ship..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Fine job on this Chris, I'll look for the rest in completed GB. :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A cracking result Chris:cool:....
..... and WELL worth the wait I'd say!!;):thumb2: