Lick o' paint

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Michael, John, Richard, Andrea & Paul again.

I've put some more gloss varnish on the "wet" area and have started painting the base. Pics later hopefully.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Final stages.

Everything is bolted down now that I've painted the ground. I started with airbrushing a dark brown all over for the deep shadows and worked my way up from there trying to add a bit of variation. Then finished with a brush for some detail painting of the stones.

I've splashed some pigments around on the ground, boots, and some of the equipment to tie it all together but the pictures show I need a bit more work on that.

A bit of titivating and I think we're done

2023-04-26 20.10.44.jpg

2023-04-26 20.11.09.jpg

By the way, compressor is running off a perpetual motion motor before anyone asks :smiling5:

I almost printed a generator to add in but with limited space I may end up just running a cable off stage.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Take a bow, this is brilliant, it's telling a story without you having to explain what is happening and that's the sign of a well thought out and executed diorama...

the attention to the little details really shows through and that compressor is brilliant...

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Andy I absolutely love this diorama, remember to put some 1200 grit paper, firecla compound and a buffing machine in a toolbox to take the dirt inclusions out!!!!!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent work Andy. As Chris says, it’s telling a story and doesn’t need explanation. Great attention to detail and fine execution make it a top job :thumb2:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks very much gents. It's gone from a quick build while I was waiting for some miniatures to arrive into something I'm very pleased with.

Love that idea Stefan, although I doubt the guys will be too bothered about a bit of dust lol :smiling5:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The best I could get John. Not super glossy yet but enough to sell the effect I hope.

View attachment 480078
Thanks Andy, it's brilliant using the gloss like that, and certainly glossy enough, that was a smart idea indeed .:thumb2::nerd:
Love the inclusion of the hose esp with it passing under his foot like that .

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Andy, it's brilliant using the gloss like that, and certainly glossy enough, that was a smart idea indeed .:thumb2::nerd:
Love the inclusion of the hose esp with it passing under his foot like that .
Thanks John. The hose is a bit of a cheat but don't tell anyone ;)

I'd scaled it to be a realistic diameter but only have short lengths of lead wire that size, so a hidden joint under his foot and another under the pallet did the trick.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John. The hose is a bit of a cheat but don't tell anyone ;)

I'd scaled it to be a realistic diameter but only have short lengths of lead wire that size, so a hidden joint under his foot and another under the pallet did the trick.
Ha, well it worked well :thumb2:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Jim.

I've got a couple of finishing touches kicking around in my head, will see how they work out.