Life Miniatures 1/16 Soviet Sniper

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Jack - Thanks. Yes the sculptor has resisted the urge to put in too many furrows and the result is a convincingly young and realistic face.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Agreed Ralph, great work Peter. Just remember that Simon is in modellers heaven now, complete with an endless supply of poorly detailed and dimensionally inaccurate kits that he can wave his magic wand over.....

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looks really good and the blue trousers were a good call.

Busy morning so far, a ""proper"" desk delivered by A*g*s, , a little project for next week.

And a scour through the attic for something for the Simon GB, and ordering some pewter sheet too.

Have a good day with the cape it does look very big!

Its sunny too so good light

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Funnily enough my son has just ordered a desk from the same source. He just needs to tidy his room now to get it in (some hope)..

Glad you like the blue trousers. Here's the next instalment:

100_8470.JPG100_8471.JPG100_8474.JPG100_8472.JPG

You were right, the cape was huge. I did start by trying to paint it separately, but I had trouble gauging the lighting, so I attached it to the rest of the figure, which also made it easier to handle. I used Vallejo Olive Grey as the base, which is a lot greener than it sounds and is nice to paint with. It's still all very shiny, but a coat of matt varnish should take off the glare and blend in the tones more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Peter,

You have done an excellent job taking a too glamorous figure, toning down the face and still keeping her attractive. Blue trousers add a nice touch to the uniform too. I bet all the creases, nooks and crannys on the cape made you a bit crazy while painting them though. Really nice!

Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
That is superb. To me it does have a bit of the fantasy look about it. I think I like this as much as anything you've done.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Many thanks.

Lee - Thanks also.

Allen - I think some will be tempted to emphasise her looks, but un-plucked eyebrows and a couple of lines make her look more believable. I actually really enjoy painting drapery, and the more creases and folds, the better. Some of these Life Miniatures figures can look too creased, but I think they've got it a about right here.

Jim - I think it's the flowing cape and hair. Give her a bow and she could be an elf princess from Lord of the Rings.