Life Miniatures 1/16 Soviet Sniper

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew - .......As for sound engineering, could you come and turn down the volume on my son? He's well into the first term of his vocational music course and has some recording coming up. I can take the guitar to some extent, but now he's started singing! A bit distracting when you're trying to paint fine detail.
Turn you son down......ummmmmm...........:thinking:

I'm sorry but that's the one thing I can't do anything about - unless of course you haven't tried gaffer tape!! ;)

That said, you think your son is loud. Their used to be an 'exuberant' teenage drummer in our church band (singers, guitar, bass, singers, keyboard, sax etc.) and I used to regularly get requests to "Turn him down!" (the size of the auditorium means our drum kit is miked up).

I would simply point at the sound desk faders being all the way down to infinity (on a sound desk 0 is the sweet spot for volume) and politely point out that I had already "turned him off" and so what they were hearing was entirely acoustic sound of his own making, meaning I could do nothing about it other than to turn the rest of the band up, which would have generated far more complaints - we have very good speakers BTW!

As FYI we do not meet in a picturesque church but rather a warehouse we bought and then converted the main warehouse area into an auditorium. It is 30m wide by 28m deep and seats just shy of 600. That gives you an idea of just how 'exuberant' he was! :anguished::fearful::surprised:

ATB

Andrew

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter, this has to be one of your best , I know we say this each time, but that cape is just brillence with a brush .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks very much for your kind words people. Your support is so very much appreciated.

Andrew - Reminds me of a very funny Kurt Vonnegut story about a teenager who secures his place in the school band by buying the only bass drum available for miles around, the problem being that he's completely tone deaf and plays too loud. It's now 23.10 and time to knock on my son's door and suggest that he gives it a rest for the night. PLEASE!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Hopefully a peaceful nights sleep?

The crowd has certainly appreciated your finished sniper, definitely a super sculpt with an excellent finish, well done.

Have fun with your next victim

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve

Had to insist rather strongly that he stop playing, then I had a perfect night's sleep. He's zonked this morning and won't wake up and get ready for college. Teenage boys!

Very gratified by the interest this figure has aroused. Makes it all worthwhile.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Peter well i have just looked through your female sniper build an really enjoyed it very good work an so realistic
chris

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
just pain great work real like this one well done, :smiling:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Still recovering from the ""Bruce Springsteen"" home concert.

Another cold day ahead and hopefully you will get your delivery of the next victim.

Have a restful day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Monica - Many thanks.

Steve - Could have started something from the stash, but thought I'd wait till the new figures turn up. Hopefully they'll arrive today, but if not, I may start on a bust. Owen is in full rehearsal mode - guitar, keyboard and voice. I suppose we're just going to get used to it.

• Haha

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Absolutely stunning. That is up there with your very best.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Thanks, thanks and thanks!

Jim - Glad you like her. Thank you.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm absolutely gobsmacked Peter!! This is by far one of your best figures. She really is beautiful. The clothes are so nicely done and the weathering on the boots is superb. I'm very jealous of your skills Peter. I hope this is in view for all to see in the cabinet. A real thing of beauty. I will shut up now but this really is excellent artistry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Very many thanks. She's front and centre in the cabinet, though I'm the only one who ever looks in there.