Marks A6M3 zero type 22.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Nice rescue Mark , Gotta say that new colour is loads better, It is soo easy to grab the wrong colour when dealing with stuff like this..

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good mark ( third time lucky ! ) , although to be honest ,with all the debate and conflicting opinions on early zero colours who's to say they arent both right ? Anyways shiny again ready for the decals ( again ) . Btw out of interest what are you using for the gloss coat ? It looks excellent . Cheers tony

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's a great result especially when you think of the troubles you had before.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looking good mark ( third time lucky ! ) , although to be honest ,with all the debate and conflicting opinions on early zero colours who's to say they arent both right ? Anyways shiny again ready for the decals ( again ) . Btw out of interest what are you using for the gloss coat ? It looks excellent . Cheers tony
Cheers for the comments chaps :thumb2: Tony, i have used mr color laquers on this, probably the cause of my issues as ive not used them before but they do spray very nicely. The clearcoat is mr hobby gx 112 gloss laquer.

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers for the comments chaps :thumb2: Tony, ive have used mr color laquers on this, probably the cause of my issues as ive not used them before but they do spray very nicely. The clearcoat is mr hobby gx 112 gloss laquer.
Cheers mark , it gives a lovely gloss

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
This has fought you all the way but it's looking great now. All credit to you for sticking with it. You can definitely move the bin well away. Lacquers do spray beautifully, the smelly fumes are the only downside.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's starting to look the part Mark....decals always add so much to the overall effect! :thumb2: :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yep, coming along a treat Mark,
That colour IS rather nice ;)

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Ok so this build stalled for a while but now the mojos back so ill try and pick up where i left off.
These were the last bits that still needed paint removing, ive drilled a small hole in the end of each part and inserted brass rod as a means of holding them for painting.landing gear is painted and decaled.1000002617.jpg1000002618.jpg

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
The flappy bits are now fitted, a different shade to the rest as that seemed to be the case in quite a few pictures ive seen. The top of the fusalge/ cockpit section painted in what mr colour calls cowling colour and the engine cowling is painted also in......yep cowling colour!.a few small decals here and there done and the prop has had the rear sections painted whats called...prop colour 1000002627.jpg1000002626.jpg1000002628.jpg

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorry Mark bit late turning up ,have just read through from the start ,patience of a saint and bloody miracles spring to mind ,you've put a lot of information up for others to refer to if they suffer a like wise problem , a personal thank you from me for providing me with the need to safely keep all thoes wingy kits in the stash :flushed:
Dave

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Sorry Mark bit late turning up ,have just read through from the start ,patience of a saint and bloody miracles spring to mind ,you've put a lot of information up for others to refer to if they suffer a like wise problem , a personal thank you from me for providing me with the need to safely keep all thoes wingy kits in the stash :flushed:
Dave
Your welcome:tears-of-joy:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks like you’ll get it over the line this time Mark. Still looks good after all these issues. Just out of curiosity, did you strip the decals or just leave them as they come?

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looks like you’ll get it over the line this time Mark. Still looks good after all these issues. Just out of curiosity, did you strip the decals or just leave them as they come?
Cheers tim,yeah think i may have just missed the deadline for this gb lol.
If your referring to the carrier film then i have removed from the side decals,after painting the grey bit around the cockpit i removed the tape and thought i had pulled off the gloss coat but remembered i hadnt glossed over the decals yet.bit off masking tape used to remove it quite easily,i may have a go at the rest of em yet although they dont look to bad.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cheers tim,yeah think i may have just missed the deadline for this gb lol.
If your referring to the carrier film then i have removed from the side decals,after painting the grey bit around the cockpit i removed the tape and thought i had pulled off the gloss coat but remembered i hadnt glossed over the decals yet.bit off masking tape used to remove it quite easily,i may have a go at the rest of em yet although they dont look to bad.
I found they stripped really easily, and it did improve the appearance. Mind you, they looked as good or better than most others before they were stripped as well.