Marks Airfix 1.72 severn class lifeboat.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking very good Mark. Just bought some Mr Hobby white myself. Still on the learning curve, but it works much better than the AK stuff I was using before :thumb2:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looking very good Mark. Just bought some Mr Hobby white myself. Still on the learning curve, but it works much better than the AK stuff I was using before :thumb2:
Thanks Tim, yes the mr hobby is much better than the vallejo i was using,dries harder with much less sinkage

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
A little bit more done,the lower part of the cabin has been painted blue and the deck ive brush painted in vallejo neutral grey,close enough. Next job i think will be some detail painting, window frames and a few other bits then the decals can go on before i get to fit all the fragile bits, handrails,antenna etc.20230113_232313.jpg20230113_232609.jpg20230113_232437.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Mark, just had a read through and you have done a great job on what appears to be a pretty tricky kit to assemble. The painting is crisp as well as colorful. Keep up the good work. :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Mark, just had a read through and you have done a great job on what appears to be a pretty tricky kit to assemble. The painting is crisp as well as colorful. Keep up the good work. :thumb2:
ditto TO what Rick says very well done Mark
chrisb

White Glove Models - Kala

White Glove Models - Kalan
First Name
Kalan

White Glove Models - Kala

White Glove Models - Kalan
First Name
Kalan
A little bit more done,the lower part of the cabin has been painted blue and the deck ive brush painted in vallejo neutral grey,close enough. Next job i think will be some detail painting, window frames and a few other bits then the decals can go on before i get to fit all the fragile bits, handrails,antenna etc.View attachment 471673View attachment 471671View attachment 471672
She's looking fantastic! I've had some kits that have taken almost their own weight in bondo/filler and it certainly can be a pain, but for some reason I enjoy it, to a point... LOL
Nice work and I applaud you!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Awesome Kit! I am super excited to follow this build, as it's another kit I've been wanting to get my hands on at some point!
I look forward to seeing what you do with it, and how it builds up.
HI Kalan welcome to our forum an please could you go to the introduce yourself seckion so we can know a bit about you so we can all get to know your likes an dislikes an yes im a trekkie fan also built the big 1/350 model an lit it up of the movie enterprise my fav vershion
Chrisb