Marks Airfix 1.72 severn class lifeboat.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking really sharp Mark. Lovely neat work reflecting the pristine condition these boats are kept in. If I remember rightly Airfix provide numbers but not the names. You need City of London II for the Dover boat. I doubt it would have added much to the kit cost to provide decals for the names.

Last edited:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
So ive got a bit more done,bit of detail painting and some railings fitted, the rest are painted and ready to go on. Added to one of the antennas using four bits of rod. The more i get through on this the more of a pig this kit is so i could have made more effort in some areas but hard work keeping the mojo up now! Learnt a couple of lessons building this though, first lesson, when you need three hands remember which end of the cocktail stick has the ca on before holding it in between your lips! :flushed: second lesson, dont do it again five minutes later:tears-of-joy:20230122_230100.jpg20230122_230355.jpg20230122_230518.jpg20230122_230705.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH Mark i really love your lifeboat an the colurs look true to the real boat what a crackin model you have made wonderfull build you Sir are trully a floaty modeller in a sence that i can never be an the detail is out of this world VERY VERY VERY WELL DONE an WHY did you stick a cocktail stick with c/a on it in your mouth an TWICE WOW bet that hurt as i had several yrs ago some c/a flick into my left eye an boy did the hurt just as well i was quick thinkin an ran straight to the water tap an splashed cold water in my eye then visit an the doc said 3mm more an i would have been blinded so now im very carefull when usein that an wear safty glasses
chrisb

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Coming together very nicely Mark. It certainly does have issues but that's not surprising for an old Airfix kit. Keep at it, the finish line is in sight :smiling:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
OH Mark i really love your lifeboat an the colurs look true to the real boat what a crackin model you have made wonderfull build you Sir are trully a floaty modeller in a sence that i can never be an the detail is out of this world VERY VERY VERY WELL DONE an WHY did you stick a cocktail stick with c/a on it in your mouth an TWICE WOW bet that hurt as i had several yrs ago some c/a flick into my left eye an boy did the hurt just as well i was quick thinkin an ran straight to the water tap an splashed cold water in my eye then visit an the doc said 3mm more an i would have been blinded so now im very carefull when usein that an wear safty glasses
chrisb
Thank you Chris and for the record your floaty build is outstanding mate
Looking very sharp Mark. Excellent job.
Cheers Tim,appreciate the comment.
Coming together very nicely Mark. It certainly does have issues but that's not surprising for an old Airfix kit. Keep at it, the finish line is in sight :smiling:
Thanks Jim, yeah it is getting closer.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wow Mark....all the little bits and pieces you're adding is really bringing this build to life. Will you be adding the "rescue" blokes as well? Could be just what the Dr. ordered. :thumb2: ;)

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks a lot chaps :thumb2:
Probably not Rick more likely ill adding it to the back of the cabinet as soon as i can get the bugger off the bench!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I "feel" your pain Mark, My JU 52 build has bogged me down as well. At least you are making progress, which is more than I can say for my efforts. :thinking:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
A bit more progress, all the railings are on now, the mast and scratched antenna on and painted,some more antennas to add yet and to use the technical term, some sticky out bits are now fitted to the back of the hull.20230128_162944.jpg20230128_162909.jpg

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This forum is a hive of information on technical terms. "sticky out bits". Must be naval language. :smiling: .
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Behave John.....and quita pickn' on us "floaty blokes" 'bout our speakn' habits!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2: :thumb2: The progress on this is reMarkable in my opinion and all the sticky outy protuberances ('ows that for a fancy word eh?) are just as they should be! :thumb2: