Monogram 1:72 Convair B-36 Peacemaker

C

Caledonia

Missed the start of this one Colin, but will be watching from now on. Hope you have started your planning application for the parking space. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Seriously?!?!

Your Mad! LOL

Looking good and we will all know when you have painted it as the cost of silver paint will sky rocket due to the high demand. :Laughing:

Ian M

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
he will have to strap it to the car roof to get it to a club meet , maybe the car will glide with a wingspan that big :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Ian,

I wasn't going to be caught out like that. I started buying in silver paint some time ago, just to make sure I didn't upset the markets !

Derek,

No worries there, the car and the model will share the same place. The model will be hung from the garage ceiling, just like when I was a kid, except it was the bedroom.

Steve,

Can you imagine the looks if I do that - might be a laugh!

Anyway, Pre-shading has been done. The underside got some dark grey lines, but I think I might be doing them again, they may not be dark enough. Which is a bit of a shame as I hate doing a job twice.

View attachment 66370

So, after pre-shading, I stuck the giant wings on with the assistance of the daughters. It now has some serious weight.

View attachment 66371

It took ages to do the pre-shading. Much longer than I normally take to spray an average model. I had to give the compressor a couple of rests. And a beer for me !

View attachment 67453

View attachment 67454

Preshade.jpg

Wings.jpg

B

BigZimmo

Hi Colin!!!

Looks great.....hope your house is big enough for this "little" model!! ;)

C

Caledonia

You must have the patience of a saint to do all that pre-shading. Cheers Derek

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hope the garage roofs up to it colin , and youre going to need some strong wire!! Looking excellent mate , loving the pre-shading . I always thought one of these would look wicked in the SEAC Vietnam era camo , although it looks just as good in shiny silver , kind of like the B29 's bigger ,uglier sister !!! cheers tony

First Name
Gregg
Looks like it's parked at Davis Monthan sealed and in storage!

Gregg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's impressive now Colin, but it will be amazing once done. Good luck with the overall silver paint job.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Time for an update. I knew my pre-shading was in great danger of being lost under a spray can. I mean, a spray can seems to be a way of applying a lot of paint quickly, so yes I sort of lost my pre-shading. I say sort of because, I suffered a big reaction with my enamel pre-shading. So all my pre-shading shows up as rough looking horrible paint. What went wrong ? Well I though, no, just assumed that the Tamiya spray can was acrylic, it wasn't, it was lacquer - hence my reaction, well I won't tell you what MY reaction was, but the model's reaction was a bit ugly.

I have now started sanding, sanding etc and more sanding, when I can be bothered. Such fun...................

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, I wondered what happened to this one Colin. Looking good, a silver monster.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats one big lump of aeroplane!!

IanM

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Big lump, yes from now on it will be called 'Big lump'..............................I like that.

I

ian lanc

Nice to see one of these 'monsters' being made, I had one in the stash but sold it after I measured the entire model.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
The 'Blump' is looking excellent colin ! Nice rescue on the paintjob , cheers tony