More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
That's a very respectable pocket , Peter.
The thing with milliput is that it gets firmer as it cures, so some operations are best left for a while, so even a small thing can take up to ninety minutes. It tests my patience no end!
And if I try to come back to later it I often forget it and then it's too hard to work with:rolling:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
If I remember rightly it's a few grand for an hour in a spit??. You could buy a lot of figures and busts instead. What would you do Peter?? Spifire or figures? Lol

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Money for me Neil. However if it was an hour in a Tiger then that's a totally different ball game

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Well done with the pocket. I can see you sculpting more and more extras. I like the face of fig 5.
Jim

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very nice I hate to see this journey end but I know you will come up with something

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Thanks re the pocket. It looks OK surprisingly.

Steve - Depends who you go with, but you can do the White Cliffs trip for as little as £789.00. I'd be sorely tempted if someone offered to buy it for me (!), but I'm also terrified of flying, so......

Jim - I am getting slightly more confident with the bodging side.

Lee - Stick it out my friend - nearly there.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Neil - Thanks re the pocket. It looks OK surprisingly.

Steve - Depends who you go with, but you can do the White Cliffs trip for as little as £789.00. I'd be sorely tempted if someone offered to buy it for me (!), but I'm also terrified of flying, so......

Jim - I am getting slightly more confident with the bodging side.

Lee - Stick it out my friend - nearly there.

Peter that was supposed to read “hate to see it end” I guess spell check wanted to say “have”

D

Deleted member 6559

No worries Lee! I've got Dragon's Screaming Eagle to do after this lot. I'll start a new thread with it.

In the meantime, I did make some adjustments:

100_4696.JPG

The trouble with painting camo is that it can be adjusted forever. Knowing when to stop can be a problem, but I think I'll leave it now.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Yes I do feel old, though still not advanced to the next level of grand parentage, he seems to be more focused on his career, which isn't a bad thing.

Love the Italian camo smock Peter, you have done a great job, well done.

Today might just see my first 1:10 head finished?

Between a visit to the vets with 2 cats and a visit from the sofa repair company

A quiet week off work!

Looks like another good day for natural light and getting the painting done

Trousers and boots today, great pocket too, well done with the sculpting too.

You have a natural talent there

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - No grandparentage is the killer - instant dotage.

Quiet weeks off work tend to be like that don't they?

Interesting what you say about natural talent. I find it all very difficult in fact and have no real natural facility for art - it's all hard won. I realised this with a shock when I first went to art college and found that my peers could make the marks you're supposed too with a pencil and I couldn't. It's only by trying to copy the work of others that I get anywhere.

Yes, trousers and boots today and perhaps a couple of bits of equipment. Let us see how you're getting on with the bust please.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Interesting what you say about natural talent. I find it all very difficult in fact and have no real natural facility for art - it's all hard won. I realised this with a shock when I first went to art college and found that my peers could make the marks you're supposed too with a pencil and I couldn't. It's only by trying to copy the work of others that I get anywhere.

I SO know what you mean, Peter- I had the same kind of experience. Especially when one's parents have always called one 'Artistic', it comes as a bit of a shock!
Luckily I found I had a gift for the 3 dimensional, but painting and colour mixing is a foreign country to me.

First Name
Andrew
Peter,
You’re too hard on yourself! You have amazing natural talent, which entertains us almost daily - thank you. I understand where you’re coming from, because I too am afflicted with self-esteem issues, doubting my own ability. That probably sounds daft to you, as what you think about yourself sounds daft to me. I’m sure your wife has a name for it- the inability to see things are they really are? Like anerexia.
Meanwhile have fun and please continue to give us the pleasure of watching your masterpieces develop!
Andy

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Lovely work on the camo. I know it may be a"chore" but the final look makes it all worthwhile. I know you wouldn't entertain it, but has anyone come up with camo decals for figures yet??