More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Seems we had similar experiences, and I'm sure it's the same for most people.

Andy - Thanks, but I'm just being honest. Perhaps there are some self esteem issues thrown in, but I do genuinely have to struggle to be 'artistic'. In hindsight I wish I'd never gone to art college - would much rather have studied history or archaeology instead. You're too young at that age to make decisions that determine the course of the rest of your life.

Steve - Pleased with how the camo worked out on this one. Not sure how you'd make decals work on a figure, but it is an idea.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Howdy Peter and fellas.
My little catch up and i like the camo job.I always like your vibrant Chroma.I was told aged 14 i had no artistic ability by art teacher.Totally agree with what you and Andy B say.I never knew what i wanted to do at school and if im honest then archaeology and History has always fascinated me.Everyday is a constant battle when i ATTEMPT to sculpt.Niggling self doubt constantly and wishing i could have started years ago.I look on myself as a glorified convertor and only a sculptor when i can fabricate my subjects totally from Scratch.Out of my depth for sure is how i feel and constant battle to try and become half decent.But i guess its all practice and practice to get to Carnegie hall.
Keep going gents.Bless you all.
Richard.

D

Deleted member 6559

From where I'm sitting, you look like a pretty talented bloke to me Richard, and what's more, you have a ton of enthusiasm. We all have moments of self doubt - some more than others - but they can be looked at as a way of making a solid and honest assessment of what we're doing. I can't imagine being in a position where I approved of my work and couldn't see that it needed improving. The struggle is what makes this modelling lark worthwhile and ultimately rewarding.

And yes, its all practice, practice, practice. I don't know if anyone saw the programme about Indian music last night, but those were the only words a guru said to his son by way of encouragement. Tough love!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter
Great work so far, and a very illuminating side discussion about talent and self doubt.
I am a builder not a painter, as my bust blog shows!
More tragedy for a week off, I fell out of a tree whilst re hanging solar lights in the garden!
Not too high, just up a 5 step ladder onto a patch of bluebells, which are well squashed.
Thankfully no damage just embarrassing!
Will you have enough time to build the Screaming Eagle after finishing No. 5 today?
It should be a nice change of palette.
Have a good day with the paint and glue.
Regards
Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Steady there Steve! You don't want to damage that new knee before you've had time to get used to it. I have to do my civic duty and vote and pick up my new glasses today, so though I should get the last figure done, I won't have time to start the Screaming Eagle. Good luck with the bust.

D

Deleted member 6559

The last figure is finished:

100_4708.JPG100_4709.JPG100_4710.JPG100_4711.JPG

Today was the turn of the rest of his gear, hands, gun and base.

Group shot anon....

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
A real nice collection Peter.Turned out really nice.Im sure i will glean some more bits n bobs if i look through my many spares hidey holes.
Glad you enjoyed them mate.
Richard.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
They look so much better in the bigger picture. A beautifully stunning grouping Peter. Its been a joy watching them come together.

Well done Richard. Top bloke for donating all the figures to the cause. You must be pleased with the way they look

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
I have to agree with Andy you do your self a dis service I wish I had a tenth of your figure painting talent. If I get something wrong on my builds I can simply cover it in mud with you there is no hiding and you get it right.

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Scottie. I often get it wrong, but then the bin is an option.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great stuff Peter. You sure flashed through this bunch. PaulE