Mr.Smythe's Defiant.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
...... Was uploading a few pics on the "2022" thread, when I realised that I forgot to post this one "done".
Final bit of phaffing about,and,apart from a bit of a decal mishap, I'm happy with it.
A cracking kit all round in my humble opinion,and easily the most enjoyable/pleasing flying fing I've done so far. :smiling3:
So, without further ado,ere be pics...
View attachment 469983
View attachment 469984
View attachment 469985
View attachment 469986
View attachment 469987
If you're considering getting one of these then DO IT.... You won't regret it ;)
Thanks for looking in,and all of the comments along the way :smiling3:

Andy

That's brilliant! Turned out very nicely indeed and great finish of an unusual looking plane. Also nice to see a crew. I understand why people don't put them in but I think they sometime look a bit empty.

But with the greatest of respect.....for pity's sake do NOT go recommending larger scale planes! You know I'm struggling with them at the moment..... ;) :crying::crying::cold-sweat::cold-sweat:

In all seriousness, very well done.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andy, been catching up through the pages and love your venture into the turret interior...brings out the detail of the dark cramped space. So you're creeping into the dark side of wingy things and looking good at it too.
I built the oldie moldy 1/72 scale version years back and it fought all the way. On your next venture, experiment with pin washing the engraved lines. You'll find it satisfying when the raised areas pop out.
I'm going to put figures in the cockpit in my next build for the fun of it.
Overall nice finish and glad you enjoyed the process of this fine kit...have one in the stash and will be there for a while...maybe not.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good.

Andy.
Thanks Andy,much appreciated :smiling3:
Andy

That's brilliant! Turned out very nicely indeed and great finish of an unusual looking plane. Also nice to see a crew. I understand why people don't put them in but I think they sometime look a bit empty.

But with the greatest of respect.....for pity's sake do NOT go recommending larger scale planes! You know I'm struggling with them at the moment..... ;) :crying::crying::cold-sweat::cold-sweat:

In all seriousness, very well done.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew,I agree, figures do seem to add "that certain something".....I have to admit that 1/48 is the only way to go for me ;)
Very nice, Andy. I built the 1/72 version when it came out a few years ago. Airfix are certainly up there with the best now.
John.
Thank you John, totally agree about Airfix :smiling3:
Hi Andy, been catching up through the pages and love your venture into the turret interior...brings out the detail of the dark cramped space. So you're creeping into the dark side of wingy things and looking good at it too.
I built the oldie moldy 1/72 scale version years back and it fought all the way. On your next venture, experiment with pin washing the engraved lines. You'll find it satisfying when the raised areas pop out.
I'm going to put figures in the cockpit in my next build for the fun of it.
Overall nice finish and glad you enjoyed the process of this fine kit...have one in the stash and will be there for a while...maybe not.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble
Hi Richard,thanks for that :smiling3: .... Funny you should mention that.... after seeing Karl's result,and the recent conversations about the Flory washes, I'm gonna get some and give it a go. ;)
Very nice build Andy!!
Cheers Bob :smiling3: I know it's not your kinda thing really,so appreciate it even more ;)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow!!! Most impressive work and finish there Cohan!!! Your figure painting has improved a lot too. It's great to see Mr. Smiff has finally put up your avatar as the true modeller in the family. Beautiful wing thingy Cohan, and I hope you got some nice fat Juicy Crickets as a reward for all your hard work!!!...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Wow!!! Most impressive work and finish there Cohan!!! Your figure painting has improved a lot too. It's great to see Mr. Smiff has finally put up your avatar as the true modeller in the family. Beautiful wing thingy Cohan, and I hope you got some nice fat Juicy Crickets as a reward for all your hard work!!!...

Prost
Allen
Why thank you Mr.Dewire :hugging-face:.......
...... Yes,he finally caved in and agreed to give me the credit that i`m due..... although he didn`t catch my best side!:sad-face:
Christmas has been an eating frenzy,i`ve had 3 boxes of Hoppers,(Locusts),one of Dubia Bugs,(Cockroaches),and a bowl of Waxworms.....(Since Friday,not all at once!!;))... so it`s a detox for me in the New Year,Spring Greens and Cucumber bits mostly:flushed:.
Once ANDY`S i`ve finished the Beaufighter and Cromwell it`ll be the fun of choosing which will be OUR my first builds of 2023:nerd:,
Bye for now,i`m off for a fun bit of digging in my Sandpit for a while !!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's a great result Andy. Interesting to read Airfix came out top in your manufacture ratings. For 99% of my Airfix builds I find myself saying, the pound / detail ratio is often really good. That last Mustang I built was a brilliant kit.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
...... Was uploading a few pics on the "2022" thread, when I realised that I forgot to post this one "done".
Final bit of phaffing about,and,apart from a bit of a decal mishap, I'm happy with it.
A cracking kit all round in my humble opinion,and easily the most enjoyable/pleasing flying fing I've done so far. :smiling3:
So, without further ado,ere be pics...
View attachment 469983
View attachment 469984
View attachment 469985
View attachment 469986
View attachment 469987
If you're considering getting one of these then DO IT.... You won't regret it ;)
Thanks for looking in,and all of the comments along the way :smiling3:
Beautiful result andy cheers tony

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's a great result Andy. Interesting to read Airfix came out top in your manufacture ratings. For 99% of my Airfix builds I find myself saying, the pound / detail ratio is often really good. That last Mustang I built was a brilliant kit.
Cheers Colin :smiling3:
At the moment my ball is firmly in the Airfix court,(as far as planes go anyway),but most of the other kits in my Wingy stash are the other manufacturers.... so things may change yet ;)
Beautiful result andy cheers tony
Thanks Tony,much appreciated :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
My apologies mate I had looked at this earlier but forgot to comment. That is a cracking result mate you must be well chuffed.
No apologies necessary Scottie ;)
There's so much that goes on around the site that it's impossible to keep up with everything!
Thanks very much,and yes,I am rather pleased with it :smiling3: