My commission

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice Ken,will look forward to seeing these, ;)

it real helps if your not working to a dead line,and can take your time,

and i think you will do great with all 3 of them,

any idea how your displaying them ?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice set Ken, sure you pull it off mate.

Si:smiling3:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Good luck, I'm looking forward to this build.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for all the encouraging don't know about doing them in my sleep, but I will definitely give them my best shot, luckily she wants them suspended on the ceiling of her conservatory so no one will get a really close look at them. I know nothing about planes so will need lots of advice.

First Name
Mike
\ said:
Thanks for all the encouraging don't know about doing them in my sleep, but I will definitely give them my best shot, luckily she wants them suspended on the ceiling of her conservatory so no one will get a really close look at them. I know nothing about planes so will need lots of advice.
That's cool, presumably you can do them with wheels up and not have to build/paint the undercarriage. Will you open the Lanc's bomb bay doors?

D

Deleted member 3568

She wants the grand slam version so no bomb bay doors but lots of detail on the bomb

D

Deleted member 3568

Does anyone know the equivalent of Humbrol to Tamiya xf5:1x + xf21:3 + xf 65:1 sorry if it's confusing but that's how it is in the instructions.

First Name
Aaron
Being paid to do something you love...magic.

First Name
john
Mmmmmm satisfying women a hard enough task in any way shape or form.But with your lanc and two spits I'm sure there won't be a problem there Ken and I look forward to your progress and good luck with the "Gaffer"

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Does anyone know the equivalent of Humbrol to Tamiya xf5:1x + xf21:3 + xf 65:1 sorry if it's confusing but that's how it is in the instructions.
It might be easier to say what it is required for as well, as people may know directly rather than converting, from the colours given it looks like an underside colour?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
It might be easier to say what it is required for as well, as people may know directly rather than converting, from the colours given it looks like an underside colour?
It certainly would! Is this the underside colour of the Spitfires? That would be Medium Sea Grey which I thought Tamiya did a version of to go with the Spitfire 'uber kit'.

There is a lot of food for thought regarding the 'Grand Slam' Lancasters in this thread.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234917903-gram-slam-lancaster/

The two at the back show the colours and modifications.

View attachment 99234

Cheers

Steve

MH30796_zpsvwqluvaa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tibbs

Looking good so far........ Just realised your only 20 minutes up the road from me..... Another essex boy;)