My commission

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

dougie

In your earlier pics, you need to adjust the white balance to flash or auto. It must be stuck on a different setting.

build looking good so far

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along nicely Ken looking good, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Ken there turning out well,and will look good with the 109,coming in

with the sun at its back, ;)

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice job mate. I am going to do an in depth build with tons of scratchbuilding on the Tamiya Spitfire Mk Vb Trop in an Aussie scheme. This is quite interesting for reference

John

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks moni, I wouldnt take too much ref from my builds john I know nothing about planes, which is only slightly more than my boss knows, which is why I can get away with a lot on this commission.

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
they are looking well built a great job - can they sack you if not the way they want lol

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
oh do like the sounds of that John will look very forward to seeing it , ;)
I have finished the cockpit, but I will have to post the thread and pics this weekend as I am too lazy. I will be doing a 1:48 Bf 109F Tropical after this to go with the 1:48 Spit Vb Trop. This build was motivated by my visit to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in DC. Will have to post the pics I took the there. They are excellent reference

John ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i can understand that Joe,being to lazy i feel that all the time lol, ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's one giant job you've got there. All looking great, just make sure the 109 ends up in a 'compromising' position.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Ken ,nice work on the back guns and turret ;)

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I agree with Joe. Framing can be a real pain with a big bomber like that. Nice work.

John

D

Deleted member 3568

It's a masking kit (yes I cheated) not good enough to mask it myself.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Man, that Lanc' is HUGE!!:eek:

Looking great!! :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Well much as I love tamiyas 1/6 bikes (and I do love them) I will never buy another Tamiya plane (I think I will have to give up on their decals and buy some other manufacturers (assuming they do the same markings)) the decals have fought me all the way, breaking up, not sticking, I just hate them, the bike decals seem fine. It's a shame as the kits go together really well.

I know some of you will say now you know why not buy decals when you buy the kit, well unless I want different markings to the one in the kit I don't see why I should pay again for ones that are in the kit.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do see your point with that Ken,maybe there just older and not on quite as good paper as they should be,:rolleyes:

and that the same reasoning that i would you as well, i have some unfinished one for the same reason,

Last edited by a moderator: