Name That Model

B

Bunkerbarge

On a couple of other sites I visit regularly they have a very popular thread called "Name That Ship" where pictures of ships are posted and people have to guess the name, the winner gets to post the next one.

Unfortunately it does get a bit elitist and very obscure pictures are posted and only a very few people get to participate.

I would like to suggest we have a go here but under the proviso that we keep it easy and so include as many people as possible.

I would suggest rules of:

1) It has to be a manufactured kit

2) It has to be assembled

3) The picture has to be of the complete item.

4) It has to be simple and therefore enjoyable.

We can all pull out extreemly rare and obscure models from our cupboards but that would quickly defeat the object so keep them reasonably well known.

OK your starter for 10

Name the model manufacturer and the Bike

View attachment 15818

P6171693.jpg

First Name
Peter
Hi Bunkerbarge!

Good idea with the quiz. I'm not an expert but I'll give a try to name the bike.

I think it's Heller: 1/6th Honda 950 Bol D'Or

Regards,

Marudek

A

alan2525

Didn't you post an image of that model on the gallery a little while back too? I remember you saying how the cooling fins where made from individual plates. Nice bike tho!

First Name
Peter
I hope it won't be too difficult. I simply like the airplane. A little hint: kit review and walkaround are in latest Scale Aviation Modeller.

Regards,

Marudek

B

Bunkerbarge

Well I know what the plane is but I cannot tell you what the kit manufacturer is. Let's see if anyone else can get it.

Alan, yes that is the bike in my gallery. I have made this model three times with this one, the latest being made approximately 20 years ago.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The aircraft type is a PZL Orlik,there is a great download for this aircraft type if you are into flight simulation,it flies beautifully and is fully aerobatic.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Forgot to mention,two kits that I know of are made by Marfix & Aeroclub,both are excellent,somewhere I have a vacform model built up of this type as well.

R

rjwood_uk

i just got me a nice new kit. it will be my first 1/32 and for colour matching perposes im using humbrol enamels (for the first time in about 10 years) i have never sprayed enamels before but hopefully it all turns out ok. i will post it in here when its done!!! should be a good one

First Name
Peter
Well done wonwinglo!

The model represents PZL-130 TC-1 ORLIK (Eaglet). That is Ardpol's 1/72nd resin kit. If it were in 1/48th it would be mine by now. I wonder what is the scale of Marfix & Aeroclub Orlik kits.

rjwood_uk is it Orlik the kit you've mentioned?

P.S. It's your turn wonwinglo.

Regards,

Marudek

R

rjwood_uk

no its not. its quite a nice on though. im not going to say what it is as that would defeat the object of this thread lol.

you will have to wait and see!!!

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
whatisit.jpg

There you are,hope that this is not too difficult to give everyone a chance,give it a go anyway.

B

Bluewavestudios

Nice Model !!

Not sure who makes the kit but it is a LET 410 Turbolet....Looks a bit like a Russian Dornier copy. I would have easily thought this was the real thing but the background gives it away a little.

Regards.......Mark

First Name
Peter
Hi!

I would rather say it's Czechoslovakian Antonov An-140. But I think Bluewavestudios is right.

Regards,

Marudek

Last edited by a moderator:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
You have it Mark,correct it is a LET 410 climbing away from my garden,the model was built a long time ago and the kit was Otaki.

Over to you.

B

Bluewavestudios

Thanks Barry,

a very nice convincing model too,

Ok, A personal favourite of mine, I have this Kit too waiting to be built....the 2nd pic is the real thing as can be seen on it's Original Ramp on Google Earth.

Regards......Mark

View attachment 15828

View attachment 15829

1306_19mg.jpg

GE1.JPG

R

rjwood_uk

no idea! dont even know what plane it is!!!

how about this one guys. a bit easier than marks!

please excuse the paint job i did it a long time ago and was experimenting with my airbrush for the first time!

A

alan2525

\ said:
Thanks Barry,a very nice convincing model too,

Ok, A personal favourite of mine, I have this Kit too waiting to be built....the 2nd pic is the real thing as can be seen on it's Original Ramp on Google Earth.

Regards......Mark
It looks like a Russian Ekranoplane - Is it an A-90 Orlyonok??

B

Bluewavestudios

Indeed it is Alan,

This particular one is the Revell kit.

I particularly like this one, even though it is ugly it has a very menacing look about it, there is some rare footage of it in action on YouTube too, the commentary is in russian though.

Your go

Regards......Mark

A

alan2525

Those Ekranoplanes are certainly impressive! I'm sure it must be an experience flying in one - and that close to the water too!

Does anyone recognize this little model?

View attachment 15830

Dave.jpg