Name That Model

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
no idea! dont even know what plane it is!!!how about this one guys. a bit easier than marks!

please excuse the paint job i did it a long time ago and was experimenting with my airbrush for the first time!
Richard, the idea is when you guess correctly you get to have a go.

B

Bluewavestudios

\ said:
Does anyone recognize this little model?
That looks very much like the Original Shorts Skyvan, a bit of an ugly duckling that grew to be a nice looking plane with the later variants eg. the 330 and the 360.

Not sure which kit this is but I know airfix certainly covered this one.

Regards.....Mark

C

craig2009

\ said:
Hi Bunkerbarge!Good idea with the quiz. I'm not an expert but I'll give a try to name the bike.

I think it's Heller: 1/6th Honda 950 Bol D'Or

Regards,

Marudek
Hi all!

I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Free Anime Episodes

B

Bunkerbarge

Hi Craig and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you posted on here as it gives me an excuse to get this thread going again.

Here we go then guys, manufacturer of the model and this particular version:

View attachment 20163

Image 1.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'm sure that's the 1/72 HMCS Snowberry by Revell. It looks exactly like the picture on the box of that kit I got today (yesterday now!) at the Telford show!

You'll have to forgive me if I'm right folks 'cos I'm still trying to get a camera sorted so I can post some pics - therefore I won't be able to do the next one.

Gern

B

Bunkerbarge

Spot on Gern, I hope you enjoy putting it together. Anyone else got a picture?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Spot on Gern, I hope you enjoy putting it together. Anyone else got a picture?
Now I've been able to borrow a camera, I have an easy one for you

Gern

PS The tank in front is the 1/35 M26 Pershing (I think it's by Tamiya).

View attachment 20298

S1050269.jpg

S

Satnav313

Hi,

I'm not sure of the make, but is it the ww2 german Dora railway gun?

Tom :1

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Tom,

It surely is! It's made by a company called Soar Art and there was quite a stir when it was released a couple of years ago.

I noticed Italeri are advertising their 1/35 Schnellboot as the largest plastic kit in the world. 'fraid not! This is quite a bit bigger! The 1/100 Heller/Airfix HMS Victory is also bigger (At least it's taller and wider if not quite as long).

Anyway, well done. Over to you.

Gern

PS The same company apparently has a 1/144 Bismarck, Yamato and Akagi in the pipeline. They'd be impressive but I'm not holding my breath waiting I'm afraid.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi tom this is the revell f16 belgian air force anniversary edition 1/72 i think cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
ok heres a little known post war jet from a not very well known manufacturer,hopefully its not too hard! cheers tony

View attachment 20327

P1040113 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

V

Vekiq

\ said:
ok heres a little known post war jet from a not very well known manufacturer,hopefully its not too hard! cheers tony
Thats Yak-23, it used Klimov RD-500 engine which was copy of Rolls-Royce Dervent V turbojet engine, it was believed that Rolls engines were stolen by spies, but few years ago it came to light that they were actually sold to Russians under post war technology exchange scheme.

Yak 23 is development from Yak-15 and Yak-17 jet fighters.

Yak-15 was one of few successfully piston driven production aircraft concerted into yet powered plane, it used German Junkers Jumo & BMW engines that Russians acquired after the war. Russian Jet engines were in early development stages then.

If you are into flight sims IL Sturmovik 1946 lets you fly fictional campaign in Yak-15, and at later stage of campaign you get to fly mig-9.

Ved

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
thats correct on the type,ved, but what about the kit manufacturer? tony:question:

V

Vekiq

LOL, i got point of this completely wrong, :music_too i thought question relates to actual plane, not kit manufacturer.

Could it be Kopro?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
LOL, i got point of this completely wrong, :music_too i thought question relates to actual plane, not kit manufacturer.Could it be Kopro?
give that man a cigar! spot on,ved its the kp boxing (as kopro used to be called) very interesting plane,nice little kit too if you can get hold of one. right ,your turn ved