Neil's 1-32 scale 3D printed Flamethrower

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Neil,
are those tanks solid? I've read of needing holes to drain resin from parts - or is there a size when this is needed?
Dave
Yes you would need drain holes if they were hollow but they are solid. There's no technical need to make things hollow other than weight and cost of resin. With this kind of process it wouldn't affect the build time

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
One thing that I haven't seen is the ability to print clear objects - specifically cockpit canopies, although I bet someone, somewhere is trying!
Dave

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
One thing that I haven't seen is the ability to print clear objects - specifically cockpit canopies, although I bet someone, somewhere is trying!
Dave
AN article I have just read does say clear is possible! Article. So someone must be trying or even succeeding!!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I've been unable to resist making an operator for the flamethrower.

IMG_20230327_154226918.jpg
IMG_20230327_154257938.jpg
I've used one of the reject sets for this. And I've used the 3D printed boot soles as all the figures in the dio will be lying down.
Any guesses?
As a taster, here are the options for the leg positions
IMG_20230327_175718908.jpg

So there's more plastic surgery on the horizon.
And annoyingly, those with their trousers tucked in have high boots, not gaiters, which is incorrect for the photo references I have. So there's more work to do there.
I think I'm going to have to do a bit more on this project ,even though I haven't finished the fusiliers....