New to photo etched parts

\ said:
Hi Shaun welcome to the forum great bunch of people hear very helpful I use pe all the time it is very fragile but don't be scared in my opinion it is best put on before painting if you don't brush paint and I put it on with cyano thin usually if it's a large ish flat bit you can roughen the back with some 800sand paper I do have a set for the tamiya keep made by aber and it does look very fidly maybe not the best set if you have not used pe before another thing is don't feel you have to use everything on the sheet this set in particular gets everything even battery terminal wingnuts anyway welcome aboard all the best for now
Roger
Thanks for your reply. I just downloaded instructions for eduards PE set. Doesn't look too complicated and I won't need everything.

\ said:
Get yourself some small flat faced pliers, they're indispensable for bending small parts and are less cumbersome that most PE tools.
Like most things practice makes perfect but it's not really that difficult. A magnifier may also be useful for really small parts. As you get more used to photo etch you'll find out that some parts require soldering together for strong bonds.

You should be ok with just CA glue, the pliers would be useful as will some good fine tweezers.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul
Thanks a lot. Am going to give it a go when I get around to ordering the PE.

D

demon

\ said:
Thanks for your reply. I just downloaded instructions for eduards PE set. Doesn't look too complicated and I won't need everything.
Well done I think Eduard is good stuff good luck with your build and do post some pictures during after or both all the best

Roger

\ said:
Well done I think Eduard is good stuff good luck with your build and do post some pictures during after or both all the best
Roger
I will no doubt be posting through the build asking for help. I can't wait to get started just got a few bits to get sorted first.