Next up me 109g

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You went for the brown and green over light blue/grey scheme. Nice choice, look forward to seeing the mottle go on.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The monogram might be old, but I noticed recessed panel lines - not a bad thing.

You say your not convinced by the paint. I often find new paint is quite stark. After decals, weathering and matt coat it all 'calms' down a bit for me.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thanks for the vote of confidence Colin cheers :smile1:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Me 109 on hold as I have decided to remodel my workbench fitting of shelving to wall to display my finished models and some kind of rack to hold my stash which seems to be on the increase as the car boot season as finally arrived back on the case soon thanks

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice sharp 109 there John, with some unique markings. Nicely done.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thanks joe I thought I would do something different from the norm with the mottle but was unhappy with it but decided to stick with it think I will stick with the original marking next time never mind lessons learnt mistakes have to be made

First Name
Gregg
Love the paint scheme, I always think away from the normal is more interesting.

Must be the customiser in me!

Keep them coming!

Gregg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thanks gregg it's not very often I do as the artwork or instructions suggest sometimes I feel very happy with the results I get but sometimes like this occasion I am disappointed but never mind thanks again for your encouragement of the artist within me lol

T

treyzx10r

John thats a unique mottle on that I like it! I noticed your decals have some silvering ,some decal solvent will help a lot to cure it. All around great looking Gustav ,very nicely done Sir!!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thanks trey I used micro set and sol on the decals but they were that old they had browned with age inside the box they should be transparent I did swish them around in water to get rid of the browning effect and that's how they turned out . If there is something else I could have done or some other product I could have used to stop the silvering effect please tell me as I would be very grateful as the information would help me achive better results in the future thank you for your help John

T

treyzx10r

John other than decal solvent theres not much else you can do for those older decals. If you're trying to put decals down over a flat finish its even harder to get them to behave. I usually spray a gloss coat down then set the decals ,after they dry you can top coat them with matt clear or dullkote. Still a great looking Gustav with a unique finish,very nicely done Sir!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thanks trey for your advice I will definitely give it ago next time knowledge is power so thanks for the heads up:graduate: