Nigel Mansell's BAe Hawk F1...

First Name
Mike
Just completed this, the Airfix 1/72 Hawk 100 kit finished in a Williams-Honda Formula 1 scheme, inspired by this profile by Claveworks Graphics. Kit is OK, a bit basic and spoilt by an awful canopy with a huge thick MDC, and too wide for the fuselage. But ideal for a quick fun build, which this was intended to be. I didn't add much, apart from the intake lights and a few aerials, and the probe is made from hypodermic tubing. Base is a simple clear acrylic block, sprayed matt black and then the checkered flag masked and sprayed gloss black.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work,very nicely done,do like it, ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
most excellent!!!

ive got that claveworks series of racers saved somewhere cos they struck a chord when i saw them last year.....you plan on doing any of the others?

First Name
Mike
Thanks a lot guys :smiling3:

\ said:
most excellent!!!ive got that claveworks series of racers saved somewhere cos they struck a chord when i saw them last year.....you plan on doing any of the others?
I wouldn't mind, Paul, there are several more Claveworks schemes I like (the Lotus Hawker Typhoon is one of them). There are so many cool F1 schemes, both retro and current, that I'd like to do some of my own interpretations too. As always, my modelling plans and intentions far outstrip my actual production - by a large margin ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
, my modelling plans and intentions far outstrip my actual production - by a large margin ;)
know that feeling........i could do with an 18 month year to cram it in :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Now that has got to be the best looking hawk ive seen anywhere:smiling3:

Mind you I doubt that would go around the hair pin at silver stone :D

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Mike. Is it real, I mean was the real aircraft ever produced ?

First Name
Mike
Thanks guys. Colin, the scheme is a pure what-if, based on the markings/colours of the 80s Williams-Honda Formula 1 cars.