North American AT-6 Texan 1/48 Monogram

T

treyzx10r

Polux, Patrick, Francesco, Ian, and Mike thanks all for the positive comments ! I got the first layer of testors silver on for the NMF ,next I'm going to use some flat aluminum and steel to break up the panels and get rid of that mono chromatic look it has.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Joe! The a/b session went good. I like using post it notes when masking nmf as its quick and does'nt disturb the finish as much as tape.

The effect with the random colors will be blended down a bit once its weathered.

First Name
Jason
Love the variation in the shades of aluminum Trey, it looks really effective.

Jason

0ne48thtel

This is looking really good Trey. I have a Texan in my stash and this is inspiring me to get finished what I have on the go and give it a go.

First Name
Dave
Nice metal finish.I remember Testors paints being very good.Although the last time I was able to buy them in a model shop was out in Saudi Arabia in the 90's.Not seen them in the UK.

T

treyzx10r

Patrick , Joe, Jason, Polux, John, Terry & Dave thanks! Wonder why they do'nt distribute Testors across the pond, its pretty much everywhere here stateside? Terry hope to see you start on yours soon!

Unmasked the stripes and anti glare and was pleasantly surprised to see no blow-outs or creep! Hit the whole airframe with some Testors gloss clear for a decal session next.

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for all the great comments,finished it up last night

posted more pics here

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/north-american-at-6d-1-48-monogram-finished.27986/