Operation Supermarine Walrus

N

noble

\ said:
Pray explain yourself Scott :confused: At times (Pauline says all times and mostly more) I am a bit dim. :rolleyes:Laurie
Sorry Laurie meant to write camo, damded predictive texts.

scott

L

Laurie

\ said:
Sorry Laurie meant to write camo, damded predictive texts.scott
Thought it a bit strange Scott and being me I did not pick up on it. Thanks for your very kind apology which are not necessary but very nice all the same. :smiling3: Also thanks for your nice note on the "camo". o_O

Laurie

L

Laurie

And so back again in good state after 6 weeks of grot antibiotics continual coughing and feeling yucks. No commiserations I might feel weepy :P

Started on weathering etc. Spent a lot of thought how to go about it ie technique. Streaking used .34 needle/nozzle at about 8 psi. Used Lifecolour and Vallejo mediums. Nice product thins the paint colour without losing the body of the paint. Gives more time for swiping backwards and forwards with out spraying to much paint. Mix 66% medium 33% pa

Streaking on the wings more to highlight the undulation of the fabric over the spars rather than any colour change in the doped fabric. In photos there is no change to the fabric except random dirt. So low key hopefully to highlight the top of the ribs.

Laurie

View attachment 96238

View attachment 96239

View attachment 96240

View attachment 96241

View attachment 96242

us wings.jpg

enginecockpit.jpg

holes.jpg

holes2.jpg

upper wings.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work so far Laurie looking very nice indeed ;)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is looking really good Laurie. The testing and prep work on the painting stage is impressive.

Cheers

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome work Laurie. The salty weathering effect has worked nicely. You can see how effective against the new looking decals. Nice job on the rigging too.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very nice indeed Laurie. I really want one of these now. :rolleyes:

Ian M

L

Laurie

\ said:
Looking very nice indeed Laurie. I really want one of these now. :rolleyes:Ian M
Get one Ian you will enjoy it. First 1/72 in a couple of years as a little interval. It has been a delight to construct and now well on the way to finish. Must be as old as the hills but it goes together well with lots of things to occupy the mind.

Laurie

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looking nice Laurie. Paint has come out great.

D

Deleted member 3568

Looking great its certainly lept forward a lot since I last peeped in.

N

noble

That paint work has turned out beautiful, and you have the patience of a saint.

scott

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice indeed Laurie,do real like the paint work,and how do you stop getting

lost with the rigging i dont know,coming along very nicely, ;)

D

dubster72

I could never manage all that rigging Laurie! I really like how you did the salt spray effect, that's very clever & effective.

L

Laurie

\ said:
very nice indeed Laurie,do real like the paint work,and how do you stop gettinglost with the rigging i dont know,coming along very nicely, ;)
Well if I lived in Australia Moni looking upside down all the time may have been a problem. He he :D

Another naughty one Moni (I will allow you to throw brick bats) :oops:. This aircraft was designed as a private venture from a response to a 1929 Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) request . So now you know why it is a bit weird looking.:eek::oops::rolleyes:

Laurie

PS thank you for your response Moni ;)