SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Ian, much admiration for the rescribe job. Yes, those machine guns are in a precarious position. Good luck with the masking (be keen to see how you tackle that as I will have to deal with it myself later) :smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First Name
Dave
Coming along nicely Ian.If I was building it I guarantee I would break the guns off!.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice progress Ian ,if it was me I'd already be looking on the floor for the snapped off guns!! cheers tony

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Cheers Dave and Tony. Take a good look at the back of the plane ( no guns in sight )

They had to come off, I will glue the barrels back on when I finish it

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Cheers Dave and Tony. Take a good look at the back of the plane ( no guns in sight )They had to come off, I will glue the barrels back on when I finish it
AH ,yes that old chestnut ! "i took them off on purpose" Youre not fooling us mate !!! ;) ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First Name
Aaron
Maybe a stupid question that I should know but...why are raised panel lines bad? Is it just because the panels can take a wash when scribed? I have some classic kits with raised lines but I really want to build them as they are.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Maybe a stupid question that I should know but...why are raised panel lines bad? Is it just because the panels can take a wash when scribed? I have some classic kits with raised lines but I really want to build them as they are.
For me Aaron it's just that aircraft don't normally have raised panel lines so it's just to get the right look, but you do get the added bonus of the wash going into the panels better

First Name
Aaron
Cheers Ian, any way I can just build it with raised lines and have it look good? I think rescribbing is beyond me.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Cheers Ian, any way I can just build it with raised lines and have it look good? I think rescribbing is beyond me.
I was going to add you could just build it anyway Aaron. Looking forward to what you have got to show us

D

dubster72

What you can do Aaron with raised panel lines, is trace over them with a soft pencil (it works best over a matt coat) & from a few inches it'll look the same as engraved panel lines.