papa 659's Italeri 1/72 HE-111

T

T. van Vuuren

I was all about to go out and get one of these kits seeing that it is being built so well by Ian.....untill I read about the raised lines (que the tears!)

I do not have the guts to rescribe a whole plane :sad:

For me the issue with raised detail is how do you restore it when it has been sanded away o n a seam or such, scribed detail is way easier to fix.

I woud say if you have kits with raised detail just build them and have fun with it, afterall it is for your own enjoyment :smiling:

Theuns

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work so far Ian.

As for raised panel lines: there are plenty of examples of raised panel lines in the real world, both on 'vintage' and on 'modern' aeroplanes. Personally I don't mind raised panel lines on my models, unless they are so far out of scale that they need to be sanded down a bit.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
This is looking good Ian I like the he 111 and I have the 1/32 revell one but I'm too scared to touch it at the moment :D

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks great so far Ian, nice work on the underside and canopy framing. I can't provide a definitive answer regarding your camouflage question, but I would say that the white was applied over the existing scheme. Steve will know when he reappears.

First Name
Richard
Just caught up with this one Ian.

beautiful job so far, that pre shading really pays out.

as for the camo I would say white on top of the normal camo pattern.

Cheers Richi

First Name
Dave
Looking good Ian.The white distemper finish was applied as a winter camo on top of the normal splinter camo.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ian

Fantastic progress on the He 111 the paint finish looks great so far, the winter scheme should be a real winner.

I too am watching this with interest.

Can I ask, does the kit come with exhausts for the earlier H1 to H4? They differ from th H6 in that the exhausts are joined into one pipe which points toward the rear. I'd love to build a BoB version of this and the info would help enormously.

Thanks

P

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Paul if you look at the sprue shots at the start of the thread the exhausts are not the pipe type with this kit Just like the box art i hope this answers your question

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Ian, I'd actually forgotten you'd started the thread with the sprue shots.

Again, the Heinkel looks fantastic and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished model.

Cheers

P

T

treyzx10r

Ian my condolences for your Families loss. The paint work is looking really sharp,ca'nt wait to see that white go on!