Papa 695s 1/24 Harrier Gr3

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
And there it is, well done Ian, nice to see it finished. and what a result, very nice.

As we both know the 'dedication' required to complete this kit - I'm actually nearly ready for another...

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
And there it is, well done Ian, nice to see it finished. and what a result, very nice.
As we both know the 'dedication' required to complete this kit - I'm actually nearly ready for another...
To be honest Colin I've got an idea for another build already, but I will wait a bit to do it.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Top work Ian mate , it looks so real ! The mucky weathering is great , just what I'd expect to see on a hard worked aircraft operating in harsh winter conditions. The exhaust nozzles really caught my eye too , they look amazingly real ,what did you use to get the burnt metal effect?, great build , cheers tony
Sorry for the late reply Tony.

Well to be honest all I did was paint them Bronze ( Vallejo model colour ) then with Humbrol black just painted the edges and used cellulose thinners weathered it back then when dry coated with clear, then painted with a brush some Humbrol 74 then with the thinners again dabbed it of until you get the effect you can see. That's it I hope it helps.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Great work th camo is supeb nice to see a different scheme and you have nailed the weathering all round stunning job buddy