Papa695s Airfix 1/72 P-40B Warhawk

Lamb72

SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I'm looking forward to seeing this, having just completed one of these myself... the scheme looks groovy

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just seen this,
I've always had an interest in these planes,(think it stems from me seeing the film many years back),and I've a 1/48 one in the stash so I'll be following along as well if that's ok Ian :thumb2: .
A good looking sheet of decals there,these kit-world sets are excellent quality aren't they :cool:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this,
I've always had an interest in these planes,(think it stems from me seeing the film many years back),and I've a 1/48 one in the stash so I'll be following along as well if that's ok Ian :thumb2: .
A good looking sheet of decals there,these kit-world sets are excellent quality aren't they :cool:
Any Time Andy, glad to have you aboard. I’ve never used the kit-world decals before.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Looking good so far Ian, how the hell do you manage to paint a 1/72 pilot that well ?

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really interesting.I love the decal scheme for North Africa.Very tempted myself on doing one of these.Watching with interest.
Richard

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Silly question from a wingy thing inept!!
Instrument Panel! Are they decals, (individual or cluster). Or nightmare - painted!!!!
Last time I did aircraft I can't remember any instruments at all!! (It was the 60's)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
And you’re not going to see a single one through the canopy ;)

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looking great.I saw the very same kit in our local hobby shop yesterday.I think it will be on my list for next week for buying.Really taken by this one.
Excellent work.
Richard

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Silly question from a wingy thing inept!!
Instrument Panel! Are they decals, (individual or cluster). Or nightmare - painted!!!!
Last time I did aircraft I can't remember any instruments at all!! (It was the 60's)
It looks bigger than it really is Doug.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dang Ian, how many builds do you have going on at once??? This is looking mighty fine Sir and great filling with the stretched sprue. Maybe you could help IanM out with some tips on how to do it. I love stretched sprue for filling gaps...

Prost
Allen