Pete's wheeled cargo movers GB. Aug - Dec 2023. Chat thread.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Haven't decided yet - have a couple in mind and there's the promise of much more free time to boot! I used to be indecisive but I'm not so sure now!
Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just waiting for a few bits for mine....

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Right, just ordered a couple of bits, so I should be doing a 1950s civvie Matador, and doing the back-dated early version alongside, plus a Bedford OX converted out of an OY. Oh, and maybe a Bedford MW too
All in 28mm
Pics when I've the parts

If I could get the wheels I'd scratch so many British WW2 trucks...
Or prob'ly not...

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I'll put my victim back on here, and as if there wasn't enough work to do on it I have ordered a new dashboard From Kit Form Services to change it to a right hand drive. I was also having a look at their 1/24 Military vehicles, now they're not cheap but they have some very interesting subjects, but I digress. The paint has arrived so just got to wait for August now to get going.

Scania.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Pete for getting this GB going. A great subject.
This will be my build.
IMG20230701125402.jpg

I shall be building it as Pop Larkin's truck from the TV series "The Darling Buds of May". Along with Detective Inspector Frost, in A Touch of Frost, Pop Larkin was, in my opinion, one of the best characters played by Sir David Jason. The series also starred a young Catherine Zeta-Jones so was definitely worth watching :tongue-out3:
Darling Buds of May.jpg

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Kit Form Services
Mick they have great stuff my older brother orders from them all the time. He builds mostly 1/25 scale model truck with outstanding details including scratch building. In the late 1980s he made masters of the Peterbilt 379 and the Kenworth 900l Paccar was so impressed with his craftsman ship they granted him to cast them under there name which is very hard to get a company like that to license your products. He sold the Resin casting company now just builds just for fun. Good luck with that beast I’ve already got a front row seat.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Right, re-posting the Matador pic. I'll be doing an 853 early version conversion and a post war civvie 0853 OOB. Kit is the Perrys 28mm
IMG_1651.jpg

Also, I've now got a Warlord 28mm Bedford OY to convert to the 1.5 ton OXIMG_1672.JPG
Razor saw time. That's my finished BEF RE OY in the background to show the finished article (with all the extra tie-downs, wing mirrors and automatic signal added)

BTW Jim, Sir David Jason's greatest role, IMHO, is and will always be
DANGERMOUSE!

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ok I’ve changed mine mine for the last time the wife got this the other day at Hobby Lobby for me so this is my official entry should keep me more busy than the others Ive chose. 812CD598-337E-44C9-BB17-84E5CF07383C.jpeg

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks Ian

There going stronger than ever Andy thanks it’s been awhile since I’ve built one

Thanks Mick. I’m glad re-released this one
AMT has been through a lot of owners - since 2012 the tooling & brand has been owned by Round2 - who have released new models, as well as re-popping some classics https://www.round2corp.com/brand/amtlogo/
Dave

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Reference my last here are the sprue shots - lots of fine detail including crates and furniture items (!). Seriously hoping I will finish this build on time - should do as the garden makeover is 99% complete! Comprehensive decal sheet but, surprisingly, no instrument decals!
Steve
IMG_0278.JPGIMG_0279.JPGIMG_0281.JPGIMG_0277.JPGIMG_0280.JPG