Pete's wheeled cargo movers GB. Aug - Dec 2023. Chat thread.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Reference my last here are the sprue shots - lots of fine detail including crates and furniture items (!). Seriously hoping I will finish this build on time - should do as the garden makeover is 99% complete! Comprehensive decal sheet but, surprisingly, no instrument decals!
Steve
View attachment 487265View attachment 487267View attachment 487268View attachment 487269View attachment 487270
You should post these in you thread, not in the chat section. Nicetruck though.

First Name
Andy
Just wondering if it's OK to change my mind and build something else? Looking again at the tank transporter kit I think it will be a bit dull with just green/brown camo so I would like to build something with a bit of colour. If it's too late then I will just go with it.

Andy.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Just wondering if it's OK to change my mind and build something else? Looking again at the tank transporter kit I think it will be a bit dull with just green/brown camo so I would like to build something with a bit of colour. If it's too late then I will just go with it.

Andy.
Yes you can change no problem as I am thinking of changing my build until I can get the right paint

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A choice has been made....

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I got a problem I opened my box and found this IMG_20230802_175931.jpg
I hope everybody is OK with a stared kit if not I shall pull out something else

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Peter, if its alright with you, I'd like to enter this group build with this one:

20230721_124152.jpg

I probably won't be starting immediately, but I'll get a post up for the build later in the week.

Nick

First Name
Andy
Right, here is my choice of build having had second thoughts about doing the tank transporter.
53143263330_a7b7edbc26_b.jpg

I will make a start on it when (if) I manage to get the Rally truck together.

Andy.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Would anyone mind if I slip another one into this GB?

I've already done two and don't want to muscle in with another, so more than happy to post it elsewhere if you'd prefer.

2023-09-15 19.16.11.jpg

Will have a 38t as cargo and probably a base.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Here's a thing. The Germans had something like 140/50 truck makers going into WW2, most of them bespoke small businesses. A serious attempt was made to rationalise the situation to increase commonality of parts.
They managed to get it down to 115 different, and incompatible, manufacturers by Barbarossa

No wonder they used so many of the trucks we left behind in France. I mean we had something like 16 manufacturers, all building to set patterns

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
No wonder they used so many of the trucks we left behind in France.
They actually had the French building trucks for them as the thought they were good trucks. Until the French building them started "modifying" them. Using underrated wire in the electrics. Not putting oil in the diffs. wrong oil in the gearbox. wax in fuel tanks...Would work at first then break down. Germans love of the French trucks turned to hate!

Greg_147

SMF Supporter
First Name
Greg
A bit late to the party on this one, but would this fit the criteria? I thought it was a no-brainer, until I realised that its 'cargo' is a command centre, which may not count!

20230806_214317.jpg