yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job on the undercarriage neil, excellent stuff, cheers tony

1275GT

Right, both sides done and painted. I've included what comes with the kit as standard, so I think I've made a bit of an improvement !!

They look a bit rough this close up, but not too bad from a bit of distance, so I just won't get that close then...

Apologies for the quality of my pics, my photography is nearly as bad as my modelling !!!!

.View attachment 25030View attachment 25031

View attachment 25026View attachment 25027View attachment 25029View attachment 25032View attachment 25028

Cheers, Neil

View attachment 31319

View attachment 31320

View attachment 31321

View attachment 31322

View attachment 31323

View attachment 31324

View attachment 31325

001.jpg

002.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

005.jpg

003.jpg

D

Doctor Cranky

Great craftsmanship. I am thoroughly enjoying the process.

B

Bunkerbarge

If this is all about a return to modelling you are doing an excellent job of this. Don't forget you are not doing it for our benefit you are doing it for yourself so the most important part is whether you are enjoying it or not.

1275GT

Many thanks for the comments, they are much appreciated, although I think "craftsmanship" is a tad much, compared with some of the work on here !!

I am enjoying it very much. I'm tackling things I've never tried before and I find posting on here is a good source of motorvation for me, as I'm prone to starting and not finishing things - continuing the thread kind of keeps me focused, if you see what I mean.

The only part's that are frustrating is the time that it's taking, and the lack of a dedicated area to do stuff, but there's not much I can do about either right now, so I'll just have to keep plodding along !!

Thanks again, lads.

Cheers, Neil

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Keep at it neil , its coming on great, I love to see good scratchbuilding ,especially when its bringing an old unloved kit up to modern standards of detail, wicked!! cheers tony

1275GT

Hi all....a quick question.......I've masked off the panels behind the cowling where the exhausts exit and was going to try and paint them some mix of metallic paints, but I'm thinking I might experiment with a bit of ali foil. It's just the regular kitchen stuff and looks quite thin, and may give a better idea of the panel.

My question is what to glue it with? I don't really want to use CA in case I make a pig's ear of it and want to remove it ( quite likely ! ), but I'm not sure pva will do it? Any opinions?

Also if anyone has any better idea's of what to use, I'd love to hear them.

Cheers, Neil

1275GT

Now, don't fall off your seat's chaps & chapess'........but I think I've actually finished this !!! I've included one pic here, but will post the rest in the Aircraft Pics section.

Many thanks for all the help and encouragement.

Cheers, Neil

View attachment 29052

View attachment 34515

DSC05068.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks great Neil. I'd be well chuffed with that

N

noble

Neil great work mate especially on something so small, still don't know how you guys can see to build this scale. Great work mate looks great.

scott

1275GT

Thanks Scott........I think one of the things that slowed the build was the eye-recovery time !!!!