Revell 1/24 VW Samba Bus

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

HI all, ok so I sorted the chrome out but putting the candy colour over the top seems to have changed the chrome effect (I think in a quite pleasing way) I'm going to do a couple more coats of the cherry red candy then remove the masking then mask up the cherry red and do the chrome and then (cant decide on orange or emerald green candy on the top) personally I'm looking forward to see how it looks, I think It may be better than I visualized originally.

JVpIiEM.jpg

iZMIKxG.jpg

V7HbdP3.jpg

pTjX53K.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Ken I'm all excited now, awaiting the unveiling. Not sure if it's going to be like Frankenstein's monster or a hippy VW.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well here is the next offering I, have had a bit of an accident (trying to cut corners) instead of masking it up with tape I used masking fluid and its reacted with the paint (I think when i put the light bezels on and the VW badge on the front it wont notice much)

mGAC9U0.jpg

B3SnIh6.jpg

zqnMnUC.jpg

fWyqbtW.jpg

7XXtH7V.jpg

Yud49XT.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is progressing nicely,do like the color you have picked,well done so far, ;)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Different Ken, I like it mate.

M

-Matt-

Loving the weathering on the rear subframe :smiling3:

Not a fan of greens, but I don't mind that shade at all!

Will keep watching this :smiling3:

-Matt-

First Name
Robert
You really know how to make vehicles look well and used Ken. ( you didn't by chance in a previous life work under a pit did you as this realism is so far beyond belief. It takes weathering to a new high

Really grade 1 work

Cheers

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well in my haste to move this from the leak I've lost the inner skin at the front so will have to model it with the front doors shut (don't think it will notice then) I thought I would add curtains to it, hope you like them.

AENBrkh.jpg

ULm1opV.jpg

N

noble

This is looking very cool so far ken that interior is ace.

Scott

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I just remembered I had these knocking around (I bought them ages ago for the christine dio) I feel another dio coming on, think I will call it a day in the park.

47y1or1.jpg

meakCsu.jpg