Revell 1/32 bristol beaufighter

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
T

treyzx10r

You're whipping this old kit into shape! The engines look really sharp!

W

Workshopscience

Painting the plane has been quite challenging due to me running out of masking tape. Some should be on the way soon. The front parts of the motor housing will be painted black as shown on the pictures I have previously posted. I have also sanded down most of the rough joints but there is one on the right wing which does not seem to ever go away.

View attachment 96102

top color: xf54 dark sea grey

bottom color: xf21 sky

thanks for reading

View attachment 96104

IMG_4510.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It's great to watch this old bird take shape.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good so far, ;)

D

Deleted member 4203

It looks great! This was the first thread I came across when I signed up for the forum :D

W

Workshopscience

\ said:
It looks great! This was the first thread I came across when I signed up for the forum :D
Hello, sorry but I accidentally posted an empty update just now, a full update is coming soon

W

Workshopscience

Hello

Sorry for not posting for such a long time, I had to complete a science fair but now I had plenty of free time and finally got to finishing this long build.

Initially, I was planning to paint the underside in a sky color and the top in dark blue but I ran out of sky paint so I covered the whole plane in dark blue. Not very historically accurate but I think that It does not look too bad. I also glue on the little parts such as antennas and air probes. The landing gear fitted with no fit issues, unlike the rest of the build, and seems to be quite sturdy so I am not worried about it breaking under this heavy plane. sorry for posting a blank comment above.

View attachment 96897

View attachment 96898

View attachment 96899

View attachment 96900

View attachment 96901

View attachment 96902

For some reason it only allows me to post several photos at a time so I will post the rest tomorrow hopefully

see you next time

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Looking forward to the finished pictures Ivan

D

Deleted member 3568

Sorry missed the start of this. You are certainly whipping this kit into shape, great work.

N

noble

This is looking good and I do love that colour, what is it please?

scott

N

noble

Heh I have 2 jars of that, I will need to find a use for it cool thanks.

scott

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks good so far Ivan. Maybe the gun streaking is a little heavy, but not overly done. It blends well into the dark grey, if it had been a pale colour I think it would have been too heavy..

W

Workshopscience

Finally finished this kit, and I must say that I did not like it. It had horrible fit on most parts and the panel lines were raised.

It is probably just my inexperience which resulted in this model not turning out well. The next kit that I am making is a 1/48 p-47 from tamiya

View attachment 97062

The engine fell off but it was simple to glue it back on

View attachment 97077

This used to be a french flag but I cut it in the middle to create this other symbol

View attachment 97076

The decals went on well, and with some micro sol the panel lines showed through

View attachment 97061

If you don't look closely, you don't see some of the major flaws such as gaps and lack of detail

View attachment 97059

View attachment 97060

See you next time

IMG_4676.JPG

IMG_4675.JPG

IMG_4674.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg