Revell 1/48 F-86D SABRE DOG (early version) NOW COMPLETE WITH BASE & FIGURES """"""""

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Should be a nice model when completed John. Can't say I envy your decal mission later on.

D

dubster72

I'm with Joe - that decal sheet looks busy to say the least!

I think this will be a good one to watch

First Name
Dave
I've got one of these in my stash.So I will be watching this one.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
same hear I,m with Joe and Patrick, oh to busy for me,o_O what thats what the US like, to stand out,:oops:

will keep an eye on this one, cannot wait to see how you do the decals, ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone I've had a dry fitting session on the sabre and it turns out to be a quality kit everything fits like a glove with no gaps or problems whatsoever just the sanding of the sprue tags to do cockpit has good detail with options for the canopy to be closed or open as for the decals I will be applying in stages very slowly and with lots of patience lol thanks for looking/comments everyone cheers John :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Just bounced back to this from my ww1 dio I think I may have to few fingers in to many pies at the moment but I generally find it stops me loosing interest in one particular build it seems to work for me but might drive other people crazy as I have bits all over the place View attachment 84979

image.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice like him and so well painted, :rolleyes:

P

Polux

Looks very well!

Wow! The decal sheet looks very complet, will be a hard work :smiling3:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice instrument panel mate, the figure is nicely painted as well...

JOhn

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
View attachment 87210

Small update as I'm bouncing around my model bench from one thing to the other as I'm waiting for the glue to cure on my spitfire a few fitting issues that needed a good clamping so will be spending some of my spare time on this all now primed ready for masking and alclad up next cheers Johnimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Mike
That's looking really nice John. This is a kit I've wanted for a long time, the F-86 being one of my all-time favourite aircraft. Are you going to highlight some panels with different metallic finishes?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Yes mike polished aluminium with a few chrome panels not sure if this is correct but please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not sure cheers John

D

dubster72

I was wondering what had happened to this one John! Looking good with that base coat.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Sorry about the slow progress on my builds but my dad as been admitted to hospital the past 3 wks and all my spare time goes on visiting him but do have the odd hour here and there at the bench which is great as I find it very relaxing. But I now have 2 wks off from work so things should start moving along a bit quicker hopefully cheers john