Revell 1/48 F-86D SABRE DOG (early version) NOW COMPLETE WITH BASE & FIGURES """"""""

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement practice makes perfect as they say and without trials and tribulations then improvement will not follow knowing your own mistakes is half the battle and I've made a few but feel I've turned mine around a little on this one. As for the smell Mike it's not one of my favourite odours and I always wear this View attachment 87925

once again thanks to everyone regards Johnimage.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone after a tentative return to this after my disaster with the alclad previously I am now making some slow progress and yet another lesson learnt to spray all normal paint finishes 1st before applying alclad I am so glad that I have lots of patience in the reserve tank at some point hopefully before the end of September ! I hope to have this finished. thanks for looking in and any comments cheers John ..........Strangely I am aching to do another bmf plane :eek:View attachment 87964

View attachment 87965

View attachment 87966

View attachment 87967

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

dubster72

That's looking superb now John! The canopy is brilliant, can't be easy masking up the curves.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Well folks I finally got this finished. The kit itself is really good as nice details and fits together very well would recommend it highly. The problems started when I started playing with it as reported in my earlier posts on this thread with the bmf but feel I've somewhat rescued it from my 1st attempt. I made a simple base and added a couple of figures thanks for looking and comments that you leave cheers everyone John View attachment 88951

View attachment 88952

View attachment 88953

View attachment 88954

View attachment 88955

View attachment 88956

View attachment 88957

View attachment 88958

View attachment 88959

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Outstanding just outstanding what else can I say superb love the colours the detail the build just incredible I honestly love it

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I'll second that ;)

Lee :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build and display John. A unique colour scheme, it really does look good.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That look very good John.

The model looks well finished and the scheme is really interesting and well executed.

The base I think is really fabulous not least because the space is used so well. No space is empty yet it doesn't seem crowded either. The elements work very well together and the figures look great.

Superb stuff

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top job john , the base looks great , I love the dog tag style nameplate , cheers tony

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Thanks everyone for all your kind comments and feedback I'm well tempted to do another bmf plane now not sure which one though cheers everyone thanks John :smiling3: