Revell 1/72 Avro Shackleton AWE2

F

Fenlander

Thanks Graham, Colin I still have the dauntless to finish. I have started the painting there a few bit and bobs to do as well.

I've still got the Airfix Shackleton to continue with, still waiting to hear back from them regarding the photos I sent. I don't know what to think about modelling at the moment I suppose we've both had a bit of a rough deal with this build the latest issue I have is two of the windows have come unglued and fallen inside the fuselage and one has clouded over . Most of my models in my stash are, would you believe Revell kits albeit in 1/32 scale. I do also have a few Trumpeter kits. The Shackleton on the face of it looks ok but I know I could have made a better job of it. The urge to get it off the bench is very strong and this is making me rush a bit. I've not done any pre or post shading and no weathering as such which is not like me. So in answer to your question I might take a rest from modelling and return when I find a kit that hasn't got too many issues, definitely not at 1/72 scale Maybe even at 1/48 scale the Airfix the Meteor looks interesting and that's a new tooling.

Geoff Coughlin reviewed and built the Airfix Meteor on Scale Modelling Now.  It really looks superb.  I asked him how it compared to the Tamiya one and he says the Airfix one is better than the Tamiya for detail and build.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
The hard works paid off, it looks really nice Vaughan. That new tool meteor does sound very tempting, whatever you choose next I'm sure it will be easier going! Cheers

phil

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Your Shackleton came out nicely Vaughan. Nothing like a stress free build ;) Will watch for completed thread