Revell 1934 1/16 rolls royce

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all just won this on ebay for 34 quid, after seeing what Steve did with it can't wait for it to arrive, I built it in my late teens (different boxart then, it was white, on this box it is maroon (don't forget I'm colour blind but it looks maroon to me).

D

Deleted member 3568

When I get to doing it, I am going to do the chrome in gold and will either do it in bronze or a nice metallic red.

First Name
Robert
Looks like you cracked open a good deal there Ken and we know this is going to be good

I'll be watching this for defo

Robert

S

Stevekir

This is a good kit. I completed it last year and was sufficiently pleased with it to go to the expense of enclosing it in a covered base. Some tips. The doors do not reach down to the running board so I had to add some poly card. After careful filling and sanding the join is invisible. This model (like I assume many others vintage cars rather than the monocoque modern ones) consists essentially of several subassemblies, like the chassis frame, bonnet, passenger compartment, engine bulkhead (the bit forward of the steering wheel, carrying the windscreen). My approach was to complete each of these, including finish painting) and then assemble after careful dry fitting. Unlike a plane, several of the above subassemblies have to marry up to up to three other subassemblies (eg., engine bulkhead to the passenger compartment, the bonnet, and the single unit comprising the wings+ running board. Fitting one subassembly to three others requires care.

Don't get any glue on the chrome - it will spoil it. Looking forward to this.

D

Deleted member 3568

I enjoyed following your build, steve, as for the chrome I will be covering it with gold leaf (a real one with solid gold handles and whatnot sold for 8.5 million I will definitely be going back over your build when I start.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
I enjoyed following your build, steve, as for the chrome I will be covering it with gold leaf (a real one with solid gold handles and whatnot sold for 8.5 million I will definitely be going back over your build when I start.
Impressive. What will you use to stick the gold leaf on?

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I've been looking at house of kolors site and see that I could get some of their colours locally has anyone used them on a plastic kit, I've seen a beautiful colour (or should I say kolor) which I would love to do on this model.

F

Fenlander

Never used them Ken but looking at the range on Amazin, there is some amazing Kolors....

S

Stevekir

\ said:
I looked for the build report but it had disappeared. It is listed in my Completed Civilian Vehicles post of Oct. 20 2014 as being at:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/commu...olls-royce-phantom-ii-continental-1934.26589/

but that returns "The requested page could not be found.". Perhaps John removes build reports to save space on his server. I copied the full "Completed" post to my computer, but not the build report.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3568

That's a shame, I was going to reference that as it was so good.

S

Stevekir

Got it!! I PM'ed John and he found it under its correct address, which is:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/revell-1-16-rolls-royce-phantom-ii-continental-1934.26589/

He said that he never deletes messages to save space.

Some time ago I found a way to save web pages to the computer as stand-alone files on your computer, independent of the Internet. Using Firefox, with the page open, do File > Save As, and choose "All Files". Then choose somewhere on your computer to save it in the usual way. Note that if you then open this new saved file and click on another of its pages, (a different "part" to use the tech name) you will be taken to John's server to open it. It will not have been saved on your computer. To make sure that you can save all parts of the posting to your computer, you need to save each part separately as described here. The file name will automatically have "Part 2/3/4..." inserted to distinguish it from the first part.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3568

Sound's to complex for me I will just refer to this post and access that link.

D

Deleted member 3568

Sorry Steve not much time these days and so many kits already started, I will start it some time soooooonish, it won't look much like yours though, it will have a modern paint job using candy paints.