Revell 1934 1/16 rolls royce

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well thought I would make a start on ruining another kit and as expected I'm off to a good start, I said I was going to do all the chrome on this in gold leaf, I stupidly thought hey let's try guilding over the chrome may get a shinier gold effect, BIG mistake, the gold leaf won't stick to the chrome (or more accurately the size wont) took the chrome off but the gold leaf still won't stick, so I've primed it now, hopefully that will sort the problem.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well the gold leaf sticks now but I couldn't get a good shine on it (its too soft as soon as you try to buff it (however gentle you are)it rubs off) so I've had to settle for imitation gold leaf (it's a bit tougher) I think it looks much better.

This is the main colour I'm doing it (not even sure if I will be adding another colour yet) I think the gold looks good with it,  opinions please?

2zykkk5.jpg

2qmiwzt.jpg

2zh4d2h.jpg

First Name
Gwyn
Not a colour I would have immediately thought of but I think it will work well with the gold.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well i was looking at a poacher build of this car and (although it's a 1/8 kit do twice the size of this) I thought I could add more detail to the engine so I've removed a bit moulded to the engine (not sure what the part is) but I've seen it in a lot more detail on the poacher kit and I think it is a fairly easy bit to improve (I'm not saying this will end up like a poacher kit but I am going to try and add what detail I can) 

aa95s7.jpg

ivjzgp.jpg

30j4k8i.jpg

Ps admin sorry I've realised this is in the wrong place, any chance of moving it or should I start a new thread in the appropriate place.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I made a mistake and started this in civilian vehicle chat so am continuing it here now.

revell put the location tab for this part but for some reason didn't make the part. 
2vkdwmw.jpg

I've fabricated it also the other bits which are attached to the sump (don't know what any of the parts are) but they help fill empty spaces, they are not exactly right the black box thingy with 2 nuts on the top should have 3 but I've not got any small enough, but I figure it's better than having nothing there.
s63os2.jpg

ja884p.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all, well I've added a carpet also I noticed the rails that run under the chassis is missing so I've added that.

2r59f1j.jpg

2qjf8s1.jpg

2pqnk0m.jpg

xap5ow.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all tried to edit this post to add pic of the chassis but won't let me save the edit so posting it here.

IMG_20160527_2853-1525761261.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update, progress may slow down a bit as I'm waiting for some alclad gold (hoping I looks shinier than the gold leaf)
nf341.jpg

35i9g9l.jpg

2820tww.jpg

First Name
Gwyn
Love the paintwork, that is a great colour. I look forward to seeing the completed masterpiece. 

A

Ace

Loving the colors and details. Curious about that double ignition!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks, it's squeeze green and candy  emerald green. The main green it the colour of my car a Ford fiesta, I was going to do it a pearlescent red but thought the green would go great with the gold when I saw steve5's soliel royal.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have merged the two threads under the original title and got them into the right place to boot!

great work and liking the custom paint job.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Outrageous colouring, I like it! :x

Mega bling!! B|

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all done the seats now, I quite like the used leather look, I've tried not to go too far, I want it to look cared for.
2wq52mg.jpg

9hq8nt.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I was asked by a few people how I did the leather so incase anyone is interested here's how I did it.

First I primed it 

16itpy1.jpg

Then a very watered down coat of yellow ocher (I only used vallejo as I didn't have any yellow ocher in enamel, but enamel should work too)

24qmg50.jpg

Once that's dry a very thin coat of humbroll 62 

spyuc3.jpg

Then a normal coat of humbroll 63 then whilst it's still wet, scrunch up some clingfilm film and dab it on the paint till you get the desired effect.

mmyg7o.jpg

Then a coat of satin varnish

280r608.jpg

If I wanted to take it further I could scratch the paint then rub some buff coloured pastel into the scratch, brush it off then varnish it again.

35mle6g.jpg

2z3nmzs.jpg

I could go on and pluck holes in it put oil stains and all sorts

It's dead easy .